Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Views on Fischer KOA 77 womens skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just tested and bought a pair at Les Arcs today
I can still change my mind....what do you think? They felt good to.me and gave me confidence to do longer faster turns and cut through the end of day crud well.
I never have any knowledge to bring to ski purchase so once again went with the salesman's earnest recommendations .
My situation is:
I am a regular light skier a few days here and there often year round as we are motorhome cruising around europe.
I never knowingly go off piste so was looking for on piste skiis.
I wanted something sturdy to help.me with wide long turns building up to proper carving one day hopefully .
I would say i am a solid intermediate that can handle most slopes but prefer not to ski blacks or steep icy reds.
Im not bothered about speed but do like to hurry over the crud as my knees suffer.
Generally my .knees are quite weak and i only manage 3- 4 hours until.they insist i stop.
I am 5'8", 200 pounds and 62 years old. Unlikely to get a whole lot better but i will try to learn to carve as it seems sensible to conserve my strength with better technique .
What do you think?
Did i buy the right ones???
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forgot to mention they are 157 length
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone skied in these ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone? Hellooooo?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am not Female, but a crusty old bloke who hasn't skied those skis, but am replying to give at least some opinion.

I think the skis are very suitable for what you have described....the only reservation I have is the length. Can you try the 164s to see what you think? If your are happy and have a good deal, then that's what counts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. I was wondering about that.
I think the salesman was looking at the ones I already had which were Rossignol ex rentals from last year which were 156. I think I may have gone that short for my knees. I think I also had said I didn't want to ski too fast.
Would that make sense?
(Being the only driver of our motorhome has upped the stakes of being injured in campsite and I broke my shoulder in a flip last year so am being cautious)
I am leaving today so have to keep them anyway now but they felt great again yesterday so I'm happy.
Would 7 cms make much difference? Genuinely curious as I don't have much knowledge about this.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was a good deal 250e down from 399e
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn't worry about the length. The longer skis would probably be better if you were a fast skier and wanted more stability. From what you say that doesn't sound like it will be a problem.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The length of ski you go for is generally decided by the following:

- Where you are going to ski
- Your weight (and to a much lesser extent your height)
- Your ability
- The design of the ski - check the lengths that come in that model
- The type of turn you prefer to do
- The speed you wish to ski

In theory, for your stats, you should be on a Piste ski somewhere between 163 to 169.

The extra length should be noticeable in the following ways:
- Surface area - giving extra float in rougher conditions.
- Longer turn radius
- More stability/grip
- Slightly stiffer

Since skiing is about enjoyment, if the skis give you confidence and you enjoy them....who gives a flying fig about the theory.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks thats reassuring
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy