Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian resorts for mid/lateApril?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all... I'm thinking about Sestriere or Sauze d'Oulx for late April and was wondering if the lifts are open then or if there is decent snow cover? If not I might have to head to Austria which isn't a bad thing. Thinking around 18th/19th April for 5 days or so. Cheers!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Sauze currently. Beautiful day, very warm though. A bit icy this morning, slushy this afternoon. I would say if it stays like this, no. If it gets colder and some fresh falls, maybe. Is it even open that late season?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd only risk Cervinia that late in the season.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bormio closes on the 25th. Normally still good snow on the upper slopes a bit like porridge on the lower slopes in the afternoon.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My experience is that Italian resorts close typically quite early. Eg Monterosa/Champoluc usually the weekend after Easter weekend.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tonale should still be open then.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cervinia is high but gets allergic sun on the slopes.

Sulden offers some fair skiing at a very altitude
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Look for dominantly North facing high altitude resorts with glaciers that time of year.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok cheers guys, sounds like Cervinia or one of the high French ones then. Maybe an Austrian glacier trip instead... And yeah spring does seem to have sprung! 😏
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gruffnutz, Livigno can be very good, and excellent value mid - late April. A few years ago we had free lift passes with accommodation for the third week in April. 700euros for a two bedroom apartment and lift passes for four adults, and we got to ski fresh powder every morning.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RobinS,

We were in Livigno 2yrs ago in mid March. Everything on the Carosello side was mush, other than the very highest pistes.

The Motolino side was edge trashing boilerplate low down. The beer and sun were great however. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Espace Milky or By in France.
Stubai is always a good bet in austria
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've heard livigno is good. Long transfer though isn't it? Mush doesn't sound ideal. Maybe I'll have a nose at the forecasts nearer the time. Yeah stubai and hintertux both sound ok that time of year...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gruffnutz, Hintertux and Stubai could be good, had a good week at Stubai end of April into early May a few years ago. Would not recommend Cervinia for late season, as while it is high, it is south facing so gets very slushy in the sun. Livigno is a very long transfer if you are flying, but has the advantage of being high, and a very cold place - completely surrounded by high mountains. At that time of year pretty much everywhere is likely to be slushy in the afternoon, as the sun is very strong.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks everyone, some great food for thought in there. Maybe I'll just go surfing in Portugal instead haha.
ski holidays
@Gruffnutz, or come on a EoSB 2017 with 200 other snowHeads? 15.04 - 22.04. in Val Thorens.
4* apartment accommodation, ski in/out, with lift ski pass included.
Have a look in the "snow events" section on this site
ski holidays
I've heard that the Italian side of the milky way is shutting on April 3rd irrespective of snow conditions. you would probably be best off in the Tarentaise in late April.
snow conditions
@Gruffnutz, Sauze shuts on 09 April, I think. Worth having a look at some of the Scandinavian resorts? They go a bundle on Easter/late skiing
latest report
been skiing zermatt/cervinia 1st week april for .... i've lost count how many years, probably 7. zermatt is just over the other side so i would say that you'd still have plenty to ski there to keep you happy and if it gets too bad you'll always have the ability to take lifts down. my concern would not be the snow but rather how empty the resort would be so if you're looking for atmosphere it might be rather lacking.

we go there because we feel its the best guarantee for good snow at that time of year. did go to ischgl one year and it was good but was slushtastic later on in the day. zermatt/cervinia best bet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy