Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can Andorra compare with Canada?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just got back from two weeks hard skiing at Kicking Horse, Sunshine and Lake Louise in Canada and fear that my trip to Soldeu next month will be disappointing in comparison. But perhaps there is skiiing to compete with the steep runs and deep powder that I've just been spolied by, I just need to know where to go. Any thoughts on the hidden gems of GrandValira? I skied in Andorra last year and it suited our lads holiday just fine, but after challenging myself to the max in Canada I'm worried this year's Andorra trip might be a bit lame. Tell me I don't need to worry!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You dont need to worry...... feel better now?

PS - Never been, but hope it helped! Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountainmammoth, I understand the snow is great in Andorra at the momment. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainmammoth, No not for snow and skiing, but if you are young then you are going to have a great time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevo_the_saddler, Thanks, I feel a bit better, just a bit. Smallzookeeper, I've heard snow's good too, I'm just hoping it will be in 3 weeks time. And Clive I know the evening's are going to be great - Fat Albert's and Pussycat are almost good enough reasons to go to Andorra on their own!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Can Andorra compare with Canada?

Not in size, being 0.000047 of Canada's area. Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
laundryman, I think you are technically incorrect, as you just did [make a comparison]....just a not very favourable one (or, alternatively, a very favourable one, depending on your attitude to the mantra "small is beautiful" Wink )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GrahamN, I'll hand you the pedant baton for now, but I want it back! wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountainmammoth, we are out hear at present and the ski conditions are the best we have seen in 3 years, with 150 cm of snow.
Andorra doesn´t have the same views as Canada, but the people are friendly and drinks are cheap wink

as for hidden jems
bottom of the Soldeu gondolla there is a great little restaraunt worth a visit. private message me and i´ll send you a few other ideas.
hope this helps
Rob and sharon
about to leave soldeu and return to UK Sad Sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Since past week all eastern Pyrenees are great. Above 2000m there are lot of snow, more than 200cm in average, and between 1500-2000m the snow deep is about 100-150cm. A really great year to come here to know the Pyrenees!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
By the way how much did you pay for your Canada trip? and how much are you paying for the Soldeu trip. Avoid preconcived ideas and go back to Canada.
Well I ask you Evil or Very Mad Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ooh Dypcdiver, I hope I haven't carved lines through your snow too much, my question is merely meant to generate debate and a few ideas to make the most of my return to Soldeu. We were there last year and it was great, but it would be good to know where to find the best skiing - six days last year wasn't anywhere near enough to get to know the place.

As for the cost, they're pretty similar overall: a week half board with lift pass in Andorra is costing about as much as two weeks room only in Banff (£650ish). Banff in fact would have been a bit cheaper but I went on my own and had to pay a dreaded single supplement. Food and drink I would say are close to UK prices in both places though perhaps cheaper in both cases. Overall I reckon I spent £1300 - 1400 for two weeks in Canada and Andorra will probably be about £900 - £1000Where Andorra scores though is with a much cheaper lift pass and a convenient location, no sitting on busses with a hangover!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainmammoth, the conditions at the moment are great.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paul Mason, hope you are having a good time.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountainmammoth, Didn't mean to bite your head off, I felt that you where not comparing like with like, and the opening for dicussion was somewhat loaded. Confused Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy