Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short break february 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there - I have been turning in circles trying to find a resort for a break next February.
We will fly into Munich or Zurich and it will have to be February half term (unfortunately), but the killer is we can only do 4 days, possibly 5. So I need a resort which will accommodate short breaks, is snow sure in February, within 2 hours of Munich or Zurich and I don't want to be getting on and off buses/walking miles in ski boots so ideally ski to door.
We are lazy intermediates, so lots of red and blue, happy to cruise around so somewhere with a reasonable amount of runs. We don't need lessons or beginners slopes. We will have 2 children with us (aged 16 and 11, both reasonable skiers), so a family atmosphere would be great - we don't need all night parties, but a bar to visit and a few good restaurants would be ideal. I usually head high because I am paranoid about a lack of snow, but is this necessary in February?
All suggestions appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowymountain, I've never had problems getting part-week accommodation in half term.
Book the flights and wait till nearer the time as regards choosing resort and accommodation.
Lots of options for each.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
February half term this year in Scheffau saw very heavy snow . I would definitely head higher next year after our experiences in lower resort this Feb.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks - which do you think will give better options - Munich or Zurich? Am tending towards Zurich but from Manchester lots more flights to Munich. Should also have said don't want somewhere really busy - my husband and son did lots of waiting for lifts in Chamonix this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will you have a car? If so Munich isnt too much of a faff to reach the resorts.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes we will rent a car. Not keen on driving more than about 2 hours though if possible. Which are the best resorts do you think?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy