Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Essex based skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, any Essex based skiers get out there to Brentwood/Hemel/MK out of season? Wold be great to have some mates over the summer period to share ski goss/social etc with.
We're in Brentwood. She is 7 yrs younger than me and been skiing for 36 yrs, and I'm old and have been skiing in Cham pretty much annually for approx 9 yrs.
I wish I'd discovered it sooner!! snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chelmsford here Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JamLala, Im in Essex and teach at Hemel. We do all day clinics year round there and during the summer have some moguls days which are a lot of fun. click my signature link for further info.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another from Essex snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chelmsford as well but i don't do dry slopes or go to Hemel much.....and never MK. There are sometimes SH meet ups at Hemel.

Also lots of people here do the Inside Out coaching sessions.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Burnham on Crouch, skiing is for the winter, plenty of other sports for the summer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm in Essex, ski at Brentwood with the race club. Great way to get some top quality tuition for £30/year (club membership fee), as long as you're ok being absolutely destroyed by all the kids.

Nice friendly slope. Shout if you want more details.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chigwell - but, not so far from Hemel...

Brentwood closer yes, but prefer cold temps at Hemel especially appreciated in the summer and of course, there's the perks ! Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies guys. I'd love to get my 14 and 12 yr old their first lesson, so I think HH/MK would be the best option. But Brentwood is only 5 mins up the road for me too, so that could easily be a more regular. Inside out coaching looks great, that could def be an option.
I need to improve on my 1 week a year skiing in Cham.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Harlow....... but don't hold that against me!!!! Lol
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Harlow....... but don't hold that against me!!!! Lol
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Southend(ish) for me, been skiing for a couple of years and mainly at Hemel on Tuesday evenings and Sat mornings. Have done some course with @skimottaret at Hemel which are a good way to meet people as well as learn. Very tempted to do what @snowdave suggests although not sure I could handle the dry slope whilst being fat and forty too Smile

There are a lot of regulars at Hemel so its easy to meet people by just being there too.

p.s. Welcome to Snowheads
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks @djf, nowt wrong with being fat and 40 (or 45 as in my case!). @skimottaret sounds like the way to go for a start.
But also the race club sounds a lot of fun too, I will suggest to my other half who is far more compentent than me! I watched a video of me skiing 3 or 4 yrs ago, just appalling which is why I need to improve.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh and @stefoy4me, nowt wrong with Harlow.....is there?! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
there's a decathalon in harlow, but other than that... Smile

I'm in Stansted (just in essex, although hopefully escaping later in the year), and appear to be at hemel most weekends for some reason.
ski holidays
Little Martin wrote:
there's a decathalon in harlow, but other than that... Smile

I'm in Stansted (just in essex, although hopefully escaping later in the year), and appear to be at hemel most weekends for some reason.

And a pretty decent climbing wall?!
ski holidays
@JamLala, I used to be the head U12's coach for the Hemel Ski race club and they don't tend to take on adults unless you have kids training in the club. The adult sessions are later on a monday evening usually 8-10 pm... Unless you have done a bit of racing Im not sure that the club is your best option....
ski holidays
We're in Billericay... hence the name
snow report
In Loughton myself. I tend to go to a Hemel a few times before each ski holiday to remind the legs what they are meant to do...
latest report
Hahaha...., yes was just jesting!!!!

Harlow is fine 🙄🙄🙄🙄
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy