Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help Italian resort mixed ability

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
We are mixed group, ranging from very nervous beginners and intermediates and more experienced intermediates, as well as a non skier looking for something to do during the day! We've previously skied in pila and folgarida/Marilleva. We love Italy and have skied in France, Austria and Andorra, but always end up back in Italy! Can anyone suggest some resorts with nice blues and cruisy reds in Italy? Any suggestions gratefully received!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sauze or Courmayeur
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would recommend the Dolomites- probably Alta Badia area. Although I didn't get to ski it much during my visit to the area, it appeared best set for cruisey blues and reds. The non skier has some stunning scenery around and can visit Cortina, which is a decent sized town.

If that's not enough for them, I would agree with @moseyp, and go for Courmayeur, as it's a pretty village and the non skier has access to other interesting towns like Chamonix and Aosta + cable car up Mont Blanc.

An outside bet would be Bardennecia, as there's a train station, which enables access to Turin and beyond. The skiing is 100kms of mainly blues and reds.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I dont think you can beat alta badia for beginners/ nervous intermediates and more confident skiiers have chance to go further afield to sella ronda hidden valley etc. Not sure there is much to do in these resorts for non skiiers though (other than to admire the stunning scenery and eat great food!). It is possible for non skiers to meet others at some great places on mountain for lunch
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

as well as a non skier looking for something to do during the day!

Learn to ski?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Seiseralm would be worth a look. Lots of nice blues and easy reds. Kastelruth at the foot of the area is a nice old town. The non skier could also visit nearby St Ulrich (Ortisei) and Bozen (Bolzano) both of which are fairly short rides on regular buses. Bozen has a number of museums and other cultural draws and is a good place to hang out with the only Indian restaurant in the Südtirol!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Corvara
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy