Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowheads,
I'm thinking of a trip to Alpe d'heuz next season and I'm hoping there's people here with experience of the resort. We'll hire a small apartment and ideally we'd be fairly close to kids ski school meeting place, which areas should i look at? Does the yoghurt pot people mover work pretty well? Any other top tips for Alpe d'Heuz?
Thanks very much

Dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@grumpygargoyle, we've just got back.
Can't help too much with area names, but the frontage is very long, and slopes (a gentle green sort of slope) at right angles to the main pistes, from left to right on the piste map. Bergeres (sp?) is at the 'bottom' end (furthest from Yoghurt pots drop off). There does appear to be slope-side accommodation along most of it.

The yoghurt pots are slow. I mean painfully slow. They were there 20 years ago, when we first visited (and they were slow then...), and don't appear to have changed much in between times. There are free buses running various circular routes around the town that are far more effective if you are not based on the front line.

As an aside, there's a lot of ski removals when on the slopes, as a lot of the uplift is by gondola: be prepared for some walking around in boots unless you are staying on the green slopes with the kids. Can see it is a great place to learn though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @Arctic Roll, I'll keep an eye on where the buses run. I'm not totally fixed on ADH but it does seem to have a good range of pistes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Bergers might be an idea for you. There are some apartment blocks where you can ski down to the lifts. The ski schools also have a meeting area here.

I work in Alpe d'Huez so any questions fire away and I'll try and answer them for you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stay in Oz.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@grumpygargoyle, We've just got back for the area and I have to agree with @Layne, stay in Oz en Oisans... The village itself is very 'attractive' and the access up and out to both AdH and the Oz/Vaujany side is awesome. Two telecabines (one to each area) will take you up in no time at all. If snow is ok, the village is pedestrian and you ski through it...

We were a mixed party of couples and families. Ski school was arranged in Oz, and getting out and back for the 11:30 pick up was no problem... For the vast majority of the days we all met at 11:30 back in Oz, had a beer whilst waiting, and then spent the afternoon playing about with the kids on tow...

The Poutran lift takes you immediately up to the top of green run heaven, down into AdH, or you can then get higher up straight from the top of this lift...

OK, you wont have the apres that AdH offers but there are still several small bars with a good vibe that you can have a beer or 2, and if you've got kids, there is a great little sledging area at the bottom of the freebie magic carpet in Oz (directly under the Poutran lift).

AdH is a big, long town... I walked in for a lunchtime bevvie one day and had to endure the yoghurt pot things once... and that was once too much... As @Arctic Roll said... they are painfully slow and I would hate to have to get them up every day...

If there are enough of you, I can highly recommend Chalet Jonquille in Oz... Amazing location and beautiful inside... with simply the best vistas... Very Happy

Enjoy whatever you decide...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks so much for the advice, I'll look into Oz.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Love Oz en Oisans, are you tied to school holidays? I can highly recommend a lovely chalet there, which we loved when we went as a group of 13. Here is the link should you be interested https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8076170
Lovely town and great access to the slopes in Alp
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Adh is great place to learn -my first ski trip was there 25 years ago. think there are 2 ski school meeting areas - les burgers and nearer the main town. Have stayed in a chalet apartment near the top of youghurt pots and that was ok but otherwise wouldn't recommend staying somewhere at the bottom of adh that relies on youghurt pots.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We've stayed in twice in the Majestic apartments close to the bottom of the lobster pots and tourist office. A few mins walk to the pots in the morning (kids didn't moan it was too far) and only a few mins wait during 1/2 term. It's a quiet area with a few shops and restaurants nearby, the bigger supermarket is a 5mins walk. I wouldn't stay at the mid point of the lobster pots though, the queues in the morning were much longer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy