Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Les Brev - Ski school location and access to EK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks...

Seeing as we've now binned the 4 Vallees as an option, we have had some feedback from a chalet in Tignes Les Brev... Whilst it looks lovely, some of our party have kids, and will need to put them in Ski School... So if anyone has any knowledge of Tignes Les Brev, I'd be really appreciative on info for the following please...

1) How big is Tignes Les Brev? We understand the ski school is based at the foot of the main lift out, and the chalet is not too far (looking at a map) but it is hard to tell walking distance if you've no concept on the size of the village... Location here:

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6938425?utm_campaign=HAUK_TRV_INQ_HASC_replyBlank_PPB&utm_content=propid_text_o_lprop&utm_term=20170301&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email#map

2) What is access like up and out of Les Brev? Some of the party have expressed concern of having to head back to pick up from ski school soon after they're up and out in the wide open... Any help with how long it would takes to get anywhere, would also be a HUGE help...

Thx loads as ever folks... Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1) Brev is quite small and you could walk from the lift to this chalet in approx 10 minutes. There is also a small lift that feeds the top of the road and you could ski/walk back down to the chalet.

2) Access out/up is in a high speed bubble and is quite good. You need a chair after the bubble and are then on your way to Tignes. Although you are at the very edge of the piste map, you could still make it to Le Fornet and back by lunch, if you weren't hanging about and it wasn't half term. Personally I would find needing to stay local restricting, but that's partly due to the area being so big. There's plenty of terrain within an hour of getting down to Brev though.

Points about Brev... It's lovely, with good restaurants and bars, but you aren't served by the bus that runs to Tignes Le Lac and Tignes VC... unless you ski to the bus stop at Les Boisses 1800. This isn't practical for an evening in Tignes. There is a blue run and a red run down to Brev and even the newest skier would manage the blue run.

It's a nice village.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bar shaker, Very helpful... Unfortunately we are at half term Very Happy (kids and teachers on board)

With ref to your response to point 2) one side of the map too the other and back by lunch...? That sounds promising, however, as we'd have cars, is it a long drive to get to Val D or Le Fornet and park up there, if we wanted to spend time over there, without the need to rush about all morning/afternoon... Could drive there and the families could ski back to Les Brev perhaps for lunch, and then out with the kids afterwards...????

The make up of the group means that we perhaps wouldn't venture beyond Les Brev in the evening anyhow... as long as there a re a few good places to eat/drink in Les Brev, which I hear there are several Smile

Thx again @bar shaker, and anyone else that cares to add anything...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My view is that you would find the need to be back in le brev to pick up frustrating. Yes you can ski across EK very quickly subject to queues, but you are limiting yourself significantly really to skiing the Tignes area.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AlpineAddict, having cars makes your situation much easier, depending on road conditions of course. A short drive to La Daille, with chargeable outside parking near lifts and bus stop. From La Daille, easy to access the whole Val D side and main Tignes areas relatively easily.

I don't hang around and know the EK lift system very well. Even so, I think Les Brev to La Fornet in under 4 hours during half term would be challenging and not much fun!

Ski school from Tignes 2100 (Le Lac) would have advantage of much easier lunchtime meet up. Wider choice of ski schools, better range of pistes too.
Disadvantage of early start to get them there each morning. Very short drive to Les Boisses, free parking, free bus to Tignes 2100 might be an option?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thx @dan100, @intermediate

@intermediate, Do you know if ski schools in 2100 offer a variety of time slots, as opposed to just 9am etc. I'll try dog it ou online, but you seem to know the area pretty well so thought Id ask...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AlpineAddict, good chance they'd offer different time slots, especially at half term. Is it Feb 2018 you're going?
Evolution 2 and New Generation are the best we've used. No doubt other snowHeads could recommend alternatives. I'm sure last time my son had lessons with Evo 2, meeting time was 9.30am.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You didn't say in this thread how many adults in your party? Maybe if a good few each could take turns collecting kids?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AlpineAddict wrote:
2) What is access like up and out of Les Brev? Some of the party have expressed concern of having to head back to pick up from ski school soon after they're up and out in the wide open... Any help with how long it would takes to get anywhere, would also be a HUGE help...

I reckon my skiing speed is pretty average by EK standards. Les Brev to La Daille (nearest end of Val d'Isere) and Les Brev to Val Claret (top resort of Tignes) both around 90-120 minutes I think. Have done both many times but not actually had the need to time it. No allowance for queues but usually there are no major queues.

From La Daille you can take the resort bus to other parts of Val d'Isere. If you want to ski the whole way to the Le Fornet area at the far end of the valley, you can but that would take longer.

I've never stayed in Les Brevieres but love to ski there from Val d'Isere, it's a pretty village with several good restaurants. Would I consider staying there......maybe. I think the hike to the rest of EK might get old in a week. Probably not the place to go for lively night life but personally I'm long since past wanting to drink the night away.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Brev to Solais is easily do-able in 90 minutes, even less if you download on the Olympic.

Brev to VC is under and hour, if you go via Merles.

I've done 'four corners' many times, stopping for coffee and for a decent lunch and have always finished between 3 and 4pm. That's with a mixed group and not really belting it, but admittedly with no lift queues. The area is very accessible.

If you did want to spend a morning on the Fornet side (you definitely should), drop the kids off, drive to the car park next to the La Daille funicular (10 mins from Brev), get the bus to Fornet (every 2-3 mins in the morning, and takes 20 mins) and you'd be on Cascade at Pissaillas by 10am.

Off course you could always let the parents peel off to sort the kids out and then meet up again for apres back in Brev wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can you drive from brev to fornet and park there for the day ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
there is places t park up there, but you might get towed.... i think that that there is somewhere to park at the top of val on the way to the front, with a lift that take you in to the table to orientation......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Laisinant chair. Yep, a good way to access either the Solaise or the Le Fornet areas especially if you are staying up-valley of Centre Ville. It's fast and I've never known a queue.

I think parking at La Daille and taking the resort bus from there is good advice. It's free & a good service, every few minutes in daytime.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy