Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GVA to Ferney Voltaire without A Car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will arrive in Geneva at 18.00 hrs on Sunday 16 April and was planning on onward travel to Val Thorens, to meet Mrs B who will already be there.

I have just discovered, however, that there are no buses to Val T that evening and the last train to Moutiers departs at 18.20 hrs. I've therefore decided on an overnight stay at the F1, Ferney Voltaire (which I've driven to before) and am wondering if it is possible to get there (& back) by bus from the airport. I imagine that taxis won't be cheap but, if that is my only option, I am thinking that I could "cut the corner" in the airport and exit the French sector to take a taxi from there.

I will then take the train to Moutiers the following morning.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not used them but there are always plenty of buses on the road between Ferney Voltaire and the airport, there seems to be some info here.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Novotel, which is next door to the F1, have a courtesy minibus from the French side of the airport. They used to have a phone on the europcar desk on the French side of the airport and it connected you through to the hotel and they used to send the minibus for you.
Maybe you could arrange something with them to get you there, they are all part of the Accor hotel group so worth asking.

If the public bus drops you off in Ferney Voltaire centre it is a bit of a walk from there to the hotels if you have luggage.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much.

I will have a look at those options. I will be traveling light, with hand luggage only (in the form of a trolley that converts to a rucksack), so wouldn't mind walking a bit.

Before then, we are off to Brides Les Bains on Sunday (for a week), then spend 5 days in Val Thorens. Very Happy Very Happy On this trip we arrive early enough to catch the train to Moutiers. Phew!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
might be worth speaking to some of the transfer companies as a lot of drivers go for dinner at the "Buffallo Grill" so might give you a lift.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy