Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EMB snow conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know there are a couple of folk on here that live in/visit regularly the EMB area, so hopefully appealing to them ( @miranda, @jedster) ??????? or anyone else

Looking to head out to my apartment in LC for a few days on the 12th... Always wanted to get over and explore more of the Megeve/Combloux/La Giettaz side and wondered what conditions were like at the moment...? Given the forecast snow/rain for the next 9 days, it is touch and go on it being rain or snow in the lower parts of the Combloux/La Giettaz side...

Any updates as to what it's like over there would be awesome... Seeing as we're only over there for 3 days, I'd like to spend as much time in the best conditions as poss... I know LC is pretty good right now, so would not really like to waste a day heading somewhere where conditions were patchy, if you know what I mean Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thx loads in advance folks...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@AlpineAddict, I am over this weekend, so can give you an update on 7th, I will be doing StG/Megeve. Might try the La Giettaz area as never managed to get over there yet.
Can someone advise how I get over there from StG, don't want to take car would prefer to gondola it up from StG & ski over.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonny996, Awesome stuff... Thx so much...

If it were me, and I've not really explored that side too much, then I would consider driving to Combloux... If you're driving to SG, then is literally 5 mins further down the road and you have access to both the LG and Combloux side and also Megeve, via the Princesse lift...

Prob the best map of the EMB is here... - http://ski-france-db.com/uploads/177724.jpg

If you're staying in SG, then just ahead up the Bettex-Arbois lift and down into Megeve. I'm not sure tho, how messy the transfer across to the Jaillet lift is that will take you up to the LG side of things... I too always find navigating over the top of SG a bit confusing...

Have fun anyhow and I'll look forward to hearing your report...

Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quick update, it's dumping it down, even bashed piste has 30cm of powder, we got a small window of bad light & got sunshine for 3 hours of heaven
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonny996 wrote:
Quick update, it's dumping it down, even bashed piste has 30cm of powder, we got a small window of bad light & got sunshine for 3 hours of heaven

Sounds perfect... Heavy snow falling tonight and tomorrow will perhaps be enough to to see the season out... but I notice another decent snowfall forecast for next Sat/Sun as well... just in time for our first day on Monday... Very Happy

Keep up the reports @Jonny996
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@AlpineAddict, that it, it was a quick 3 day weekend, I am not back out until 7 April & hopefully there will still be some snow left
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jonny996, Ahh ok, apologies.. misread your last post as you were out there on the 7th... Very Happy

Where did you ski? Did you happen to get around or just stay in SG/Megeve?

Thx again anyhow...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy