Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Days out from Châtel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We've stayed in Châtel a few times, I'm am experienced skier but my family are intermediates, and also include two non-skiing adults, a toddler and a baby. We're heading over again in March and have a 9 seated hire van. Last year we had a day out to Morzine but I was wondering about the viability of visiting Avoriaz for the day this year... Would the Prodains lift a) be suitable for babies and b) put us in a part of Avoriaz where we could get around easily - e.g. the non-skiers fancied taking the kids to Aquariaz.

Ta!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The answers to your questions are yes and yes.

Avoriaz is about 70 mins drive from Chatel. Faster to get there on skis though. If you drive to Prodains and get the lift, it takes about 15 mins less. Avoriaz is all very accessible and easy to get around with small kids on foot. You might like to take a sledge to drag the toddler around, assuming you'll be carrying the baby.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can also get a horse drawn sleigh around Avoriaz which my twins loved when they were 2 and a half
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds great, thanks for the advice! If it were up to me I'd ski over. I've done the PDS circuit a few times, but I'm the trip organiser so I've got to get them there.

The horse drawn sleigh sounds perfect, my daughter is pretty much the same age and i'm sure she'll find it magical Smile

I was thinking of skiing back at the end of the day though, with anyone in the party who's feeling intrepid. My non-skiing dad will be 2nd driver on the van so should be able to get the rest home.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think you can't take babies who are very young on Telecabins. I'm not 100% sure on age but it's to do with babies ears being very delicate. I'll ask some nannies I know out here in Morzine and try and get back to you.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote from a Nanny in Morzine "They advise 12 months because of the pressure but it's not a set rule. You see a lot of young babies go up with parents but make sure they are sucking a bottle or drinking if they decide to go up"
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for that. We had the 2 year old up to super chatel in the telecabine when she was 6 weeks. Made sure she was sucking on something, as per the advice, she was fine... She'd gone up to 10,000ft pressure in the plane on the way there again with sucks to help her ears.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@plasmastorm, you might want to check the opening times for Aquariaz - we were there just before New Year and it didn't open until 2pm.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the tip off, will make sure I check before we make the long slog over there. Ta!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@plasmastorm, nice one fella. To get pedestrians from the snow front at the top of Prodains telecabin to the main village of Avoriaz and to Aquariaz take the elevator which is in the next building up as you look across to the Changabang burger joint. (ESF, then up to Changabang then up some more to the elevator) Or take the horse and sleigh thing. Avoriaz transport phone number +33(0)450740155. There is also a nice municipal pool in Morzine town but speedo's are needed in the Morzine pool. Board shorts ok in Aquariaz. I think Aquariaz opens at 12 noon but might be 2pm, maybe check on line. Aquariaz is closed on a Saturday.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think there is a carousel in the village of Avoriaz too
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent info, thanks very much Smile Looks like it is 2pm on their site, should be able to fit that in to the schedule.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy