Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need to vent about a Tour Operator.

Poster: A snowHead
@snowbandit, put this to bed!! Deleted posts, edited posts - this is just warming up Toofy Grin (possibly)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where did the hospice come into this? Was there an implication that, by the time the terminally long wait at the airport was over, the OP would be reaching the end of his life? wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Word of warning OP, give enough detail and no matter how bad your experience was, someone here will rip you a second one for complaining too much. Since my infamous trip 7 years ago I have skied 20 weeks on 3 continents with a variety of tour operators and on DIY trips. Had a lovely trip every time, even though sometimes things don't always go to plan. Never written another trip report here though - if you complain once, no matter how justified, you will be accused of trying to do someone out of business.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This has made go back to the original thread, with its myriad excellent contributions (including yours @pandora, Very Happy). Great entertainment.

In passing, I was surprised to see that Dr John had declared in that thread that he wasn't going to post any more. I love it when flouncers return - so undignified. More fun when they return under their original names unlike, for example, Megamum, whose more recent contributions I have been slow to spot.

But enough of this, I have a ski trip to pack for.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pandora, not always, check out the recent thread by sparklies. Not had anything as good as yours on here since snowmaggedon though Happy

@Hurtle, Happy thought so!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Norrin Radd wrote:
Where I just see 3 hours 48 , not ideal but not a killer.

I would usually transfer from 3valleys to Geneva and will always add as much buffer as I can. I have experienced the tight transfer, and it's not worth the stress.

Speaking as someone who has left themselves an hour and 20 minutes from landing to transfer time and is currently on a plane on the tarmac which was due to take off 30 minutes ago and they're still loading the bags (lack of ground staff apparently), I think this is probably sensible for future trips...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
More fun when they return under their original names unlike, for example, Megamum, whose more recent contributions I have been slow to spot.

Off topic, I know, but I didn't know Megamum was back Shocked . Clues (or a PM), please, when you've got a moment. Oh, and have a great holiday snowHead .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maggi She appeared back in December to try and flog off some old ski gear.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowbandit wrote:
Can't we just put this to bed, it's getting very boring. Much more interesting things to chat about.
rolling eyes

1) You don't put a thread to bed by posting on it, that makes you part of your own problem.

2) This has been great.
Chamcham wrote:
Where did the hospice come into this?

Lisa posted the email that Brentaski sent to the OP, but then realised it was a bit of a PR own goal so deleted it. One of the bits in it was "pay back the 75€, you can make it payable to x hospice in the North"....can't quite get the logic behind that, effectively you're asking someone that you're refusing to deal with to give £60 to charity.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SnoodlesMcFlude, 👍🏻Yes can't we just put this to bed ...ooops😂😂
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@maggi, @boredsurfin, please just say the username - I'm too busy to go trawling through all that - pleeaase.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dammit, one busy day, and I miss the evidence being posted up here. Did anyone screenshot it???

But we defo should put this thread to bed now. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Strax, I missed it too. Really annoying. Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Strax, @Hurtle, me too - bang out of order.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One of the least appealing things about snowHeads, IMO, is the very occasional thread when forum members circle around someone else's argument and appear to enjoy the disagreement.
snow conditions
@rob@rar, why get involved or even read this thread at all then? If I find a particular thread annoying, I don't open it again much less participate
ski holidays
@rob@rar, point taken but I think if someone comes on here and tries to pull the wool over everyone's eyes then it just might come back to bite them.
ski holidays
Agree with @moseyp. I quite enjoy watching battle commence Toofy Grin
latest report
moseyp wrote:
@rob@rar, why get involved or even read this thread at all then? If I find a particular thread annoying, I don't open it again much less participate
Surely it's OK to follow or contribute without appearing to enjoy the discomfort? I added a question, a comment and in response to another poster an endorsement. Beyond that it leaves me a little uncomfortable reading about a public disagreement, and they way some posts appear to relish it.
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
One of the least appealing things about snowHeads, IMO, is the very occasional thread when forum members circle around someone else's argument and appear to enjoy the disagreement.
Yes, but isn't it great when someone rises above all that and still keeps posting. Well done, Pandora! And you must admit that the original furore was such that people were bound to use the opportunity to take another fairly humorous pop; it would have been contrary to human nature not to do so.

But, since you say it so nicely, I stand chastised.
snow report
Right I'm out - going to flounceo off now!!
snow report
@rob@rar, you're saying it makes you uncomfortable reading about it, then don't read it - seems simple enough. that's what I'd do anyway
snow conditions
moseyp wrote:
@rob@rar, you're saying it makes you uncomfortable reading about it, then don't read it - seems simple enough. that's what I'd do anyway
As a customer of the TO in question I'm interested in what the problem was, and how it was resolved. Reading about that doesn't make me uncomfortable, it's some of the reaction around it that I think shows the forum in a poor light. Me not opening the thread, despite an interest in the subject matter, won't change that.
ski holidays
@rob@rar, that's not a snowheads thing, it's a human thing.
latest report
I read the email. Some interesting stuff about the OP being asked earlier in the week if the earlier transfer time was OK, and asked to reply by a certain time if they wanted an alternative. As they didn't, TO assumed the early time was OK, and by the time OP complained it was too late to arrange the alternative. Had they responded when originally asked there may have been the possibility of a later transfer I believe, but as it was a very busy week, all taxis were booked.
The hotel room was apparently booked without the knowledge of the TO who were then asked to cough up for it, having already given 50€ for refreshments due to the early transfer.
Although the request to refund this to a hospice showed up Brentaski in a bad light, if all allegations made in the email were true, it didn't show up OP in a good light either.
snow report
Seems like two unreasonable people bumped heads.
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@rob@rar, that's not a snowheads thing, it's a human thing.
Sure, but that doesn't mean we all need to join in.
snow report
Won't someone please think of the children!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hells Bells, I'm not sure I believe the tour op on that point - they also said this
Quote:

I hope that you will alter your original post to with regards to us “demanding I repay the money” as, as you know, we have not asked that you repay us anything. But I fully understand this is an internet chat forum and so your many embellishments with regards to what actually happened are simply there to give an interesting, one sided, read.
after emailing the OP this
Quote:
On a final point may I ask that you refund our €75 (approx. £62)
latest report
@rob@rar, it depends how it turns out, if it shows up the complainant to be a fussy charlatan then it's positive IMO, likewise if it leads to a business improving customer service etc.

Personally I think that neither party has come out of this thread well, but I don't think they've come out of it particularly badly either. OP has come across as a bit fussy, but has some legitimate complaints. TO has initially excelled at customer service (from the sounds of it they went above and beyond what many of us would expect) but then had a bit of a Trump moment further down the line.
snow report
[quote="Pruman"]
Quote:

On a final point may I ask that you refund our €75 (approx. £62). Please make the cheque payable to Wigan’s Children’s Hospice.

Suddenly introducing and using a children's hospice to illicit a repayment is despicable. For once I'm lost for words. For me it's a huge PR

Agree. Very poor way to handle it. Seems Brentaski have work to do still on engaging brain.
latest report
Q - What's a hospice?

Yorkshire answer - About a gallon and a half..

We were manipulated into a 5.5 hr wait at Dalaman airport with the kids once. Me and the Boss were not happy bunnies.

ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Q - What's a hospice?

Yorkshire answer - About a gallon and a half......

Laughing
snow report
Wow, i step away for a few days, come back and see all this traffic.

One final point as I've lost interest, I didn't accept the 50 eur AND ask for the hotel, it went towards the hotel, thus I was satisfied, so willing to rebook for 2018.

I was however really P****d off that I was "banned" from enjoying future holidays with the same TO and did not like the request for the return of the cash. This is what prompted me to post.

Anyhoo, I'm out, and thank you Brentaski for removing the emails.
snow report
Bye then, and thanks for the fun Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
The thread that keeps on giving.
snow report
OK - let's wrap this up now Puzzled wink
snow conditions
Quote:

I was however really P****d off that I was "banned" from enjoying future holidays with the same TO

what I like most is that you had the courage to share your humiliation with 50,000 sH's Toofy Grin
Sorry it didn't work out quite the way you expected.
snow report
and with that th OP who had put their only ever posts on snowheads to complain about their persona non gratis was never seen again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy