Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport arrivals food/drink

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys/gals, hope this is an okay place to post this,

When/if you arrive at a Geneva and are waiting in arrivals for your transfer, what's your preferred spot for maximum comfort and decent food/drink?

(excluding any fancy airline lounges that some of you might have access to!)

Thanks for any replies!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@alansk, montreaux jazz cafe, but it is pricy. come out of arrivals and it is just to your right. there is a place opposite the car hire desk...to your left coming out...which is good too. The self service upstairs used to be good but now it it crowded and the food is only so-so

edit to sort my right and left out!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 26-02-17 12:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would head to the rail station which is only a quick walk, there are a couple of restaurants on the way and then some food outlets and a Migros around the ticket offices.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jazz Cafe is to the right as you exit. It's I think now split into an eating area and funky Claude's for music and drinking. But I haven't been in for ages. It is pricey. There's a small stand up bar to the left. And further to the left a Piognier. There might be 2 cafés.

Personally, I'd get a seat at the little bar and people watch. Geneva arrivals is never boring.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swissie wrote:
I would head to the rail station which is only a quick walk
+1
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Iirc, the only restaurant in the station area is a Molino chain pizzeria which ime is poor and poor vfm.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swiss chalet, on the left just before the railway station revolving door. Great for a beer or traditional Swiss food.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Geneva doesn't separate incoming arrivals and departures so it's entirely possible to stay airside for a drink/food if you want. Not that it's necessarily any better, but you could settle down with a giant toblerone and a bottle of duty free...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Steve Sparks, sadly, I think no longer there. Or at least not in its Chalet like form.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowdave, hmm,. Interesting. Depending, I think you are technically correct, but I suspect security will get all so very huffy if you try that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all! Yeah I think we did end up at Swiss Chalet last year - seemed ok. Will give the jazz place a try this year!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@alansk, the food is good just unreasonably expensive. That's GVA for you though...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name,
Quote:

sadly, I think no longer there. Or at least not in its Chalet like form.

I think you may be mistaken. Had a drink there last month.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Steve Sparks, a quick check of the airport website and, indeed, you are quite correct.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
@snowdave, hmm,. Interesting. Depending, I think you are technically correct, but I suspect security will get all so very huffy if you try that.

Why? Security have no idea what kind of pax you are, you're airside therefore cleared. Airside passengers co-mingle at GVA, no differentiation between arriving and departing. Just before the duty free at baggage claim, you walk up the stairs (or take the lift up) and you're in the departures hall.

In my experience most airports worldwide are like this, the UK model whereby arriving and departing pax are separated is an exception.
latest report
@snowdave, I will confess I've never really noticed or paid attention, just rather assumed (!) that the UK system was default elsewhere. Must pay more attention!
snow conditions
@alansk, airport maps http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-30/

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 27-02-17 11:48; edited 1 time in total
latest report
McDonalds. Starbucks or the streetfood place in the food hall or walk down to Migros for those sandwiches with random filling surprises (sauerkraut and egg get in EVERYTHING).

But tell your driver if he is there before you go, nowt worse that having to wait for someone who has "popped off for a sandwich"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy