Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol EXP 80 HD vs K2 Shreditor 92

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guys,
This is my first post here looking for some info. I have been skiing K2 shreditor 92 172cm this last season and have enjoyed them, but have been thinking of a narrow waist for the groomers.

Today at a demo day I the Rossingnol exp 80 which I had been considering and they felt really hooky and squirley compared to the shreditor.

I will say conditions were deep cruddy slush (60 degrees) so I don't want to dismiss the the Rossingnols.

Are my wider K2's just better in the crud or are the Rossingnols really that bad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also to add I am 6'1 195 and the demo Rossingnol was only a 168, Could that have been why it felt hooky in the slush. It was just so much work
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@surfnjmatt, rossi almost certainly too short.

Other than that, whatever youlike best. No-one on here can help you with that...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What is your standard/number of weeks on snow?

What is your max budget?

Will you consider other choices?

IMO. If staying on piste, I'd be looking at a waist width of 68 - 75.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm about the same stats as you and would view both those as quite short. Ok for groomed piste but I'd expect what you've found in crud and slush in that it's easy to bury the tips and find them hooking into everything they come across.

As @under a new name, says, it's obviously your preference over most things, but I'm much happier in rougher conditions on longer skis about 190cm. The tips just lift you over anything and not leave you nervously looking for things that may catch you out. In essence, you can enjoy the ride more.

You seem to have tried the exp 80 in conditions you're not after covering though, so some more demo ing may be needed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I personally found the exp 80 a bit soft for me in (I think) 176. I'm a little shorter than you and about 15lbs lighter, so you may want to try a longer length before buying.

That said, I seem to have a general preference for slightly stiffer skis, so could just be down to individual tastes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy