Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Feb- Where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Ok snowheads. Previous family trips have been to Montgenevre, Serre Chevalier, Passo Tonale, Avoriaz, La Plagne, Ellmau and La Clusaz. Recommend me a resort fog 2 adults and 2 teenage boys . All intermediate to intermediate advanced. Have seen somewhere in La Rosiere for next Feb. What is it like?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I loved La Rosiere, but it is not a particularly big ski area - I wonder how busy and/ or limited it might feel at half-term for teenage boys? We've just done our first half-term; we went to Alpe d'Huez (or the satellite village of Oz) and I was amazed by how untroubled we were by queues or overly busy slopes, given what I'd heard about half-term numbers. AdH offers a huge variety of skiing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have just come back from Pila in the Aosta valley. Fabulous pistes for all abilities. Also half term week and very quiet except for the Saturday when it ramps up a bit. The pistes are pristine morning and afternoon. It was our 3rd time and looking at returning again next year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree stayed in Oz en Oisans last year its fab.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@alangibson73, did you mean to post this in the off piste section. Are you and the family looking for something a bit more adventurous this time? Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sugarmoma666, no I did not realise I had posted it there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Val d'Isere.
St Anton.
Verbier.
Zermatt.
Chamonix.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
La Rosiere would be ok as when combined with La Thuile there is enough there in terms of skiing terrain. Would recommend staying at Les Cimes Blanches apartments in the Eucharts area. I think it would be fine to go there with teens but the village is particularly suited to families with younger children.

I'd also consider Les Arcs (particularly 1950 or 2000). We have had very good holidays there with older children.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What about the Dolomites. Stunning scenery and miles of style flattering blue and red pistes

As long as you don't need lots of night life stay in Arraba so as to have easy access to the Marmolada as well as the Sella Ronda.

I have skied there more than once over the Feb half term and found few queues and uncrowded pistes.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

What about the Dolomites.

Totally agree, Arabba, Corvara, San Cassiano or Colfosco maybe.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Champoluc, without a doubt. Miles of blues and reds, small and friendly resort, good food at really good prices. Not too busy. Totally underrated (shooooosh.....)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm thinking South Tyrol currently.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowymum, The deal I was looking at was for Les Cimes Blanches apartments. When were you there and are they ski in, ski out as advertised?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Japan. No I'm not joking, at half term it's cheaper or at least no more expensive to spend a week in SnowCountry (southern Nigata) than your average French resort, flights included!

I will be doing a write up soon explaining, but an hour or so on google will prove what I say.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
La Thule is nice but small ski area, linked to La Rosiere, I would say more suited to beginners and small children, great place to learn....

Sestriere - Milky Way I would suggest.
snow report
@alangibson73, wot zzz said. I have sent you a PM.
latest report
La Thule is nice but small ski area, linked to La Rosiere, I would say more suited to beginners and small children, great place to learn....

snow report
Tstan73@gmail.com wrote:

Jeez, that makes me a right pussy. I cant think of a resort with more challenging return runs to resort
snow conditions
@Idris, but booking flights adequately in advance you can easily do a way cheaper week in Italy than either France or Japan. I would imagine.

Champoluc/Monterosa excellent for intermediates, great food and wine, quiet even in vacances scolaires.
snow conditions
alangibson73 wrote:
@snowymum, The deal I was looking at was for Les Cimes Blanches apartments. When were you there and are they ski in, ski out as advertised?

We once stayed in Cimes Blanches at New Year in a very good snow year. It is going back a few years but as far as I can remember it was pretty much ski in ski out. As you ski down the piste towards Les Eucharts the building is at a slightly lower level than the piste off to the right. I think we could ski right back to our building and we may have walked a few paces to put our skis on going out in the morning. Our youngest was 3 at the time and by the end of the week she was able to ski down from the residence to ski school so it certainly wasn't difficult. In the evenings it was a 5 minute walk down to the restaurants etc. We really liked the residence and resort and would happily go back.

We went with Ski Collection and they also booked the Eurostar for us.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy