Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet -- unable to travel after checkin

Poster: A snowHead
We are flying with EasyJet in 2 weeks and I've checkin online all 14 of us . One of the group definitely can't go and another is now looking iffy . Do I have tell easyjet now or wait until we arrive at the airport or don't bother at all ????
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@wasley, why wouldn't you tell them now? what is to be gained by not telling them?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why bother telling them at all? They'll just re-sell the seats to make more money but you'll get nothing out of it (unless you can get a cancellation refund of some sort?). In addition, what's the position if the people not going change circumstances and can go after all? Worst case scenario is you tell them these people aren't flying so they mark them as 'no shows' and then it turns out one or both turncan make it after all, and the flight is over-booked.

On a general note - is there any advantage to checking in early? Doesn't it mean you can't change the passenger or date? I can see the point of checking-in a few days before: better to discover any problems when there is time. I wouldn't want to checkin on the day because of airline over-booking, but a few days before seems fine. I just booked easyJet and chose a seat etc. so early checkin doesn't seem to give me any advantage, quite the reverse.

Oh, and I got told a tip by out taxi driver re easyJet and 'only one hold item' - if you buy something in a shop e.g. Boots and get a big bag and then put your second item in it, this is then classed as Duty Free so they will allow it on board. They may not always do this, but if it's not ridiculously big (e.g. a small shoulder bag or small rucksack) it increases the chances.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
People miss planes every day. They will not care unless on the day you have checked a bag in and don't turn up at the gate. They will then come looking for you whilst they search for your bag and remove it from the aircraft.

Easyjet do (appear) to let you change your flight after 'checking in'. How much this costs is another matter!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, I had to cancel the day before (Jet2) in January due to a bereavement. The insurers wanted a no-show letter for each person each way. I was too involved with family matters to cancel the outbound, but worried afterward that if I cancelled the return, I would not get the (autogenerated for insurers) no-show letters, so did nothing. Dunno what would have happened if I had cancelled.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@wasley, I cancelled a BA flight in January, and just got a refund of the tax (well most of it, less a £15 admin fee) so it is probably worth cancelling it, they should refund the tax you have paid as part of the fare.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For the passenger who can't go he/she could always change flights for another destination later in the year & not totally loose the cost of the flight. I think it costs £25 to change each flight though.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You might be able to change the flights for a different date and the name for a fee if you plan on going to the same place again?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LaForet wrote:

On a general note - is there any advantage to checking in early?
When you check in for a booking with more than 1 person on EJ you will get seats together, as long as the availability is there. So the earlier the better from that point of view.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
But do you have to pay extra for that? Apart from people travelling with small children I've always struggled to understand why groups would want to pay extra to sit together for a 1.5 hour flight.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
But do you have to pay extra for that? Apart from people travelling with small children I've always struggled to understand why groups would want to pay extra to sit together for a 1.5 hour flight.

+1
8 of us went on an Inghams package tour in January. The flights included were on a scheduled Monarch flight, and I guess most people had checked in online in advance. We were amused to find that we'd been scattered around the plane.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, Its the same mentality as not filling up a chair lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I tried to let EasyJet know I would not be taking my seat.
I just could not find a way to do it.

I booked a flight a couple of years ago to Calgary with Transat via Canadian Affair.
I had taken out cancellation insurance with them for about £10.

Just about a week before the flight the guy who I was going with ...his mother in law went into a coma and eventualy died.

The insurance company made me get a doctors letter plus death cert + mariage certificate etc.
Then refuse to pay because his mother in law was not part of his household
????

It was there in the small print.

I don't recommend this type of insurance ... it not only does not pay up but causes so much grief and wasting time.
Rogues!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam wYou don't have to pay for that on EJ, it's just part of the check-in process. As I said, just check-in early in case lots of pairs have done that first, leaving singles all over.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w,

No - there's no extra charge. Despite EJ trying the hard sell of booking seats in advance, if you let them allocate the seats automatically (in my experience) they seat groups together.
snow report
Charliegolf, wrote
Quote:

worried afterward that if I cancelled the return, I would not get the (autogenerated for insurers) no-show letters, so did nothing.

autognerated no-show letters? News to me. AFAIK that is the main reason for actually cancelling a flight booking. You then have a cancellation confirmation from the airline to back up your claim that you actually did not travel - for an insurable cancellation reason. Failing to turn up at the airport is not usually an insurable risk.

On the other hand, if you change your mind for uninsured reasons, there is little point amending an EZ booking. The admin fee usually makes it more expensive than just making a new booking form scratch.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/fees
ski holidays
Planeurge, as soon as I had a minute to think about insurers, I called them, and they told me about the letters. I went straight onto Jet2's site, logged in to manage my account (Iwas the lead pax of Cool, and there was a 'did not checkin' flag, with a button to down load a no-show letter. I never spoke to the airline. AXA, my insurer sure knew all about it though.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:

II'm quite happy sat on my own, and certainly don't put any effort in to sit as a group...however, as a 'larger gentleman' I would say that it is slightly less unpleasant for me to be squeezed up against someone that I know rather than a complete stranger.
snow conditions
pam w wrote:

EasyJet are far better than Ryanair in this regard. With easyJet we've always checked in early, paid no supplement and been sat together. With Ryanair you get a pop up asking if you'd like to pay £x pounds to sit with other people in your party. If you decline you end up far apart even if the plane is half empty. But, agreed, I wouldn't pay extra for a short haul flight. Actually if there was a small child in the party I might cough up if I could ensure I was nowhere near them snowHead
snow conditions
@swiftoid, we tried that - well not really - I was just too late checking us (family of 4) in and we got given a 3 and a single seat. I was planning a lovely quiet journey in the single seat away from my boys and OH but found myself sat next to a 3 year old who promptly threw up all over herself and me! Begs the question - would you rather be puked on by your own child or someone else's?!
Confused
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
But do you have to pay extra for that (seating in a group)? Apart from people travelling with small children I've always struggled to understand why groups would want to pay extra to sit together for a 1.5 hour flight.

I never pay the extra to sit with my travelling companions but on EZ early check-in generally does it anyway. It doesn't much bother me one way or another as I'd rather read than talk on a flight.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy