Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
HI Guys,
ill be off to St Anton on Friday, and at the moment i have a season long pass. It will work in St Anton/Lech/Zurs/St Christoph and when i get back, ill be offering it up for sale. It should give about 2 months use as ill be back home on Sunday 12th, just wanted to ask if anyone here would be interested in it?

Make me an offer and ask your friends/relatives.

Thanks
Dan
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iceman louis. I don't know one way or the other, but the terms of sale of the liftpass may forbid transfer. Maybe worth checking.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith wrote:
iceman louis. I don't know one way or the other, but the terms of sale of the liftpass may forbid transfer. Maybe worth checking.

Shocked Oh Please.... Like if thats ever stopped anyone Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
But if it's illegal, and happens on the open forum, we as moderators would be obliged to remove the offending post.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ahh didn't think about that part of it.... consider myself scolded Crying or Very sad but still.... please!!! NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Everyone.. sorry i didnt know i couldnt sell it on.
thanks anyway people..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer wrote:
But if it's illegal, and happens on the open forum, we as moderators would be obliged to remove the offending post.

b]Kramer[/b], would you? It's probably not a criminal offence, just a contrctual matter. It's not like, for example, encouraging people to ski while using their poles in such a way as to be a danger to others, which probably is a criminal offence.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not sure that we would have to, but I think that we would be likely to if we felt that it was illegal. I would also suggest that you read very carefully, exactly what I said.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
iceman_louis,

It is illegal to resell the ticket but I can see why you want to.

The problem will be much greater for the person who buys it however, you must remember your details are stored & they will know the original purchaser & presumably you will not report it stolen as they would cancel the ticket.

I also have a season pass, it has your photo on it. I believe any ticket over 6 days has a photo.

I dont know if you have seen the S/W they use for the control gates.

At the main base lifts there is a person looking at a computer allday. There sole task is looking for fraudulent/stolen passes . Your pass details & photo flash up on the computer. They can instantly compare faces coming through the barriers with liftpass photos. Quite often you see them jump out there booths and ask to see your pass.

There is also a video survelance camera filming everyone who goes though the control gates.

Incidently the fines are HUGE in Austria if you are caught using a resale/fraudulent/stolen ticket.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi There,
thanks for the info guys!! i would have looked a prize plum at the gate in front of everyone!
i have told the guy im not interested anymore, and ill be buying mine in resort like everyone else!
Cheers to you Stanton for your advice - what sort of fine is "huge" out of interest??
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can you not cash it in or the part remaining thereof?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I remember a lift pass in Sauze with a picture of a dog on it...and also in Chamonix where my mate asked his mate for a photo for the pass and the girl at the counter processed the two passes with the same picture on it....!!! They were not season passes tho'
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dogs have been known to ski, though admittedly not for a full season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
iceman_louis,
Quote:

what sort of fine is "huge" out of interest??

€5000+
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I wonder how many people get done for this every winter.
latest report
David Goldsmith,

that was a quick edit Very Happy
snow report
stanton wrote:

Incidently the fines are HUGE in Austria if you are caught using a resale/fraudulent/stolen ticket.

I call BS on this. There's a huge difference between a counterfeit/stolen ticket and a re-sold ticket. Once is clearly against the law while the other is not. It doesn't matter if the ski companies claim that you cannot resell a ticket, wheter it is or isn't legal is a far more complex issue. (/gray area)

For instance check out this article about the resale of World Cup Tickets http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1567634,00.html
snow report
CEM wrote:
David Goldsmith,

that was a quick edit Very Happy

Fair cop. What I originally wrote was "Sheesh. No wonder the Austrians once ruled the world." Then I realised that there wasn't much point in dragging the Austro-Hungarian Empire into a discussion about liftpasses.
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:
I'm not sure that we would have to, but I think that we would be likely to if we felt that it was illegal. I would also suggest that you read very carefully, exactly what I said.

I did.
latest report
out of interest... how many people ever read the terms and conditions when buying things like ski passes? I'm counting on at least one 'yes' here. ahem, cough, cough, Mr Goldsmith, cough wink Laughing

and if said T&C's are read how many of you would strictly adhere to them...

by the way ... i have rarely ever read these things... I probably wouldn't understand what they say Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy