Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arlberg - recco's for mountain restaurants/huts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Stuben two weeks tomorrow for a long w/e. I have searched the archive on here and bar the obvious Hospiz did not find many mentions. So, what are you favourite lunchtime stops? This is a bit of a treat trip so we have enough in the kitty for a full blown lunch with good vino on one of the four days we will be there but looking for inspiration/ideas for the other days. Is there anywhere good on the Warth side if we did a bit of a trip over there? Many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paging markymark29 for the details of Warth hotels that do good scran - you may have to cross the road but the hotels were reasonably priced and great service.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Second the choice in Warth. As well as the large hotels down at the base there is a very good restaurant on the way down. Can't remember it's name but it is good and gets busy. For more simple fare there is a small one on the left side of the piste higher up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mondschein is very very good. It's in the town however.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dorset Mogul, Try the Rud Alpe just above Lech, or the Flexenpass restaurant on the approach to Zurs. There's a hidden gem (cheapo) in Warth on the piste down to the Auenfeld Jet (off to the right in a dip so you can easily miss it), BUT best pizza of all is the restaurant/bar at the top of the Zugerbergbahn, try eat outside with the view across to the back of Madlochjoch.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dorset Mogul, I loved this place on my recent trip and eat there twice for lunch

http://www.skiarlberg.at/en/regions/ski-area/warth-schroecken/restaurants/s1-ski-lounge

The black run down to it is also fantastic
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dorset Mogul,
If you are looking for something similar like Hospiz, you should look into Lech.
Warth is not offering that, and neither do the above mentioned Flexenhäusl in Zürs or Rudalpe in Lech. These are nice, but not a really especially good kitchen

Some really good lunch places in Lech: Gasthof Post, Hotel Almhof Schneider (in the village, but both are well reached on ski)
In Oberlech: Montana, Murmeli, Burg Vital
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They're not really recommended as your only safety option. You really need a transceiver as well, although. Should be OK in a hut though unless things get really bad.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Montana in Oberlech. Was lucky enough to stay there 2 years running pre credit crunch. I have yet to eat better food anywhere. In fairness I think most of the piste side hotels in Oberlech are fantastic.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dorset Mogul, Cresta in Oberlech, Walserstube in Warth, HochAlpe Warth, Salober. Loads more, depends what you're after but not Hospiz overrated.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
After 1600, Senn Hutte, especially if you are the wrong side of 40.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another vote for S1, bottom of the Saloberbahn. Lots on the menu, cooked well, fair prices, bright/light atmosphere, and friendly staff.

Also like Panorama Restaurant (top of Ruffi), Stuben Bergrestaurant, Trittalpe, and many others.

For context, we don't have big lunches. Soup, pasta, etc and back out.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Trittalpe lousy service in my experience, slow and expensive.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for Rud Alpe, don't expect Michelin dining but very pleasant on mountain food and good value. Kriegeralpe is a bit more rustic and only been in once but thought it was nice. Similarly the Auenfelder Hutte was good on mountain food for the money.

Gasthof Posthaus was superb in Lech but not really the sort of place I'd think to go for lunch, more of an evening visit. Do some weights in the gym before you go too for the wine list.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy