Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski welt

Poster: A snowHead
Any updates from those there this week? We head out on Saturday.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where are you going? Kitzbuhel is in great nick, their snow blowing is some of the best I've been on, so would try spend a couple of days there. For me, ski welt area (Soll/Ellmau) has always been similar with packed powder and icy slopes in the afternoons but they make up for it with a great linked area, good lift systems and great apres.

Check out Paddy's Shebeen in Ellmau, only open a few weeks but it's worth a visit just to see an irish pub in a trailer. Yes you read that right!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are staying in scheffau. Will head over to a elmau as I think there's a bit more going on over there.
The Irish bar sounds interesting!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bit of snow due Friday, after that it's clear skies and sunshine. Bring your shades, dress for spring skiing and enjoy the weather snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. Looking forward to it - goggle tan and sweaty bodies!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Plenty of slush if you like that sort of thing. Brixen & South facing slopes very heavy, general conditions not bad considering, snow forecast for Friday / Saturday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@shredder, yes yes yes. Get down to Paddy's. Bottom of the two little drag lifts in Ellmau. If there's more than 6 of you, you'll have to drink outside...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quickest, easiest way to ski to Kitzbuhel from Soll, please?

Soll, Brixen, Westendorf, Ki West and short bus I am thinking but is the bus to Westendorf quicker/easier.....where does it go from
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maersk wrote:
Quickest, easiest way to ski to Kitzbuhel from Soll, please?

Soll, Brixen, Westendorf, Ki West and short bus I am thinking but is the bus to Westendorf quicker/easier.....where does it go from

30 minute skibus from Soll to Westendorf vs 2 gondolas and 1 run to get down to Westendorf (2c black/2b red/1 black). Would probably be similar timing to the bus depending on your speed and queues.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ta
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Maersk, 1 abfhart to Brixen is closed would have to download by gondola from HochBrixen
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Maersk, this is by bus for Monday. I think it runs week days
50 min08:05 - 08:55

08:05 from Söll Dorf
Walking duration 0 min
08:05 Söll Dorf
Bus 4060 towards St.Johann in Tirol Bahnhof
08:34 St.Johann
08:35 St.Johann in Tirol Steinlechnerplatz
Bus 4012 towards Kitzbühel Bahnhof
08:55 Kitzbühel Bahnhof (Vorplatz)
(Kitzbuhel, Austria)

Or if you miss the connection take the same bus and then a train
08:05 from Söll Dorf
Walking duration 0 min
08:05 Söll Dorf
Bus 4060 towards St.Johann in Tirol Bahnhof
08:41 St.Johann in Tirol Bahnhof (Vorplatz)

Walk
161 ft (1 min)
08:53 St.Johann in Tirol
Train S 6 towards Wörgl Hbf
09:01 Kitzbühel (Kitzbuhel, Austria)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you kevinraine. The cross country ski route?
We took a taxi last time which was ok, but it would be nice to be a little more independent.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good ski-ing today, 10-15cm fresh fell overnight so this morning was great.
No queues anywhere we've been today either!
It's warm though and after a cloudy start some sun this afternoon so slushy and heavy by end of day.
Can still ski down to Scheffau but heavy at the bottom.
Next two days due to be warm and sunny - make the most of it, rain after that...!

Not been here before but impressed so far after two days. It's easy skiing (very few blacks, and those that are marked black are hmm..). Ski passes expensive, but food on the mountain quite good value - certainly compared with France!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We're in Ellmau at the mo and looking to find somewhere higher with an hours drive tomorrow as it's got rain forecast all day. Anyone got any ideas? Freezing level 2000m. Sad
latest report
Yes, not looking good for tomorrow is it...nice today though.
Kaprun (Kitsteinhorn) is just over an hour away, not been there for many years and might be worth a try.
Hintertux about the same distance.

Edited to add, weather doesn't look any better there. Might be higher, but will be colder, cloudy and miserable anyway probably. Think we'll just head 'high' here and see how it goes!
ski holidays
@robs12, Thanks. We've decided to stay local too and have several hot choc and chips stops.
snow conditions
It was miserable in Scheffau and Soll today in the rain. I hope it improves. Snow is seriously suffering.
snow report
Yup.
Hot choco breaks and a long lunch inbetween soakings!
More rain forecast tomorrow morning, and even warmer...but should clear up in the afternoon
Very Happy
latest report
Not sure if we can handle another day of this weather. Ski welt is seriously off our list for next year.
latest report
@skilass, the whole of the eastern Alps has this weather. If you were high enough for snow then I suspect you would have either not been able to see or been blown off the mountain. If you had been in the same place 2-3 weeks ago you would have been saying it was the best ever!
snow conditions
I know - guess it's just bad luck. It's STILL raining in scheffau.
Will there be any snow left tomorrow?
snow report
I know - guess it's just bad luck. It's STILL raining in scheffau.
Will there be any snow left tomorrow?
snow conditions
Looking at all the resort webcams, the snow appears to be holding up best in Westendorf and of course at higher altitude throughout the whole of the ski welt, there is less chance of the rain which is currently falling in the villages and at low levels. SCGB detailed forecast suggests a brighter day for Wednesday and I would make the most of the freshly groomed runs in the morning as it will be mild and slushy in the afternoon. There is snow forecast at 1200 metres and 2000 metres during Thursday night and throughout Friday, so hopefully that should help (fingers crossed). As Chris n said, it is just unfortunate that such a mild wet spell has come across the whole of the eastern alps.

Good luck.
snow report
Looking drier this morning. Looking forward to hitting the slopes. ⛷
ski holidays
skilass, great news, enjoy your day, if you get the chance have lunch at the Rubezahl-Alm, hut number 58 in Ellmau, it is quite famous in Austria, (they film some form of Austrian soap there) and photos of celebrities who visit, (including Schwarzenegger). The ribs are great, (huge portions - enough for 2) and it is a great ski down to it, from memory it is 80a red, or 80e blue, along the carved figure trail. Halfway up the mountain with great views of Ellmau and the valley.
http://www.ruebezahlalm.at/en/about-us/family.html
snow report
@Lux,
That would be Der Bergdoktor.
snow report
@skilass,
The Steinplatte is a bit higher and north facing if you want to get of the slush. You catch the gondola from Waidring.
It's about 25 mins drive from Ellmau. It's part of the Super Salzburg pass if you have that.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Drammeister, Was at the steinplatte this morning and it was getting very slushy. Here for another week and it looks like Kitz is the place to go
snow conditions
The best runs today were the blacks. Far less cut up and stayed fairly crisp. Just how we like it.
ski holidays
Not sure how to post a photo into the reply.[/img]
latest report
Where did you ski today and were conditions better?
ski holidays
We went all over. All pistes pretty good really (i.e. snow/slush cover) considering the temperature, though sun facing ones soft after about 10am, and most of everything a slushpit by midday. Off piste is pretty much all grass skiing now - and it's melting incredibly quickly. Unbelievable for mid February...they'll need a good dump and some cold weather if they want to be open at Easter!
snow conditions
Quote:

they'll need a good dump and some cold weather if they want to be open at Easter!

They close 2nd April, so won't be open for Easter this year anyway.
snow report
We were up early to make the most of the crisp slopes. Skied in Ellmau but snow softened slopes very quickly. Run 99 stayed better as facing away from the sun. Great first thing.
Headed back over to Scheffau - black 60 was good except small cut up section in the middle.
Brixen runs were dreadful.
Snow gods may be listening tonight....
snow report
Can anybody tell me if it's worth the trek over to Westendorf. We are staying in Scheffau and wondered the best route - once you have skied down run 1 in Brixen - is there a walk between there and gondola up ?
ski holidays
Sounds like you all had a better day today and hopefully even better tomorrow. My ski club forecast says snow tonight and Friday, with 14 cms in total expected!!!!!!! Last year, when there was a dump of snow, myself and a friend were at the Soll gondola for 8.30 am and skied all of Westendorf and towards Kitzbuhel, as some of the North facing slopes are protected and quite sheltered and the snow really congregates and lasts. If the runs in Brixen are poor again, just get gondola 1 down to the bottom of Brixen and then across the bridge to gondola 11, which takes you to the top of Westendorf, 1820 metres high and this opens up all of the sheltered Westendorf runs. It is the place where most of the locals head to when it snows.

Have a fantastic time, (jealous from Kent)!
ski holidays
skilass, the walk from gondola 1 to gondola 11 is about 50 yards along a designated walkway which straddles the road. Enjoy your day out and fingers crossed re the conditions.
ski holidays
Webcams show there's been some snow....but looks wet. Fingers crossed for our last day.
ski holidays
skilass, I have just looked at the skiwelt webcams and it appears a bit wet lower down, but I hope that you managed to get over to Westendorf as the snow at Choralpe looks really good, quite low visibility but plenty falling, I am sure that you and your family are having a great final day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy