Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Exoticskis.com - an interesting link site to minority ski manufacturers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From a search I see that Cedric mentioned this site on a thread about touring skis back in December. Maybe it deserves a fuller airing:

www.exoticskis.com

The site is simply a listing of hyperlinks to an impressive list of low-volume ski manufacturers. Interestingly (it being a US-based site), Blizzard is included in the list.

How the mighty have fallen. I remember one Hahnenkamm when Blizzard took 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in the downhill. Still, Blizzard hasn't vanished, like some old European brands.

I wonder if any of those 'exotic ski brands' is destined for greatness?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I saw Birdos skis in Andermatt recently but didn't know enough about them to demo.... Lovely looking handmade skis though, fantastic finish etc...looked too good to drill holes and ski them....!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers to everyone at SnowHeads!

For those who crave info about the nearly 300 alternative brands of skis (other than the "big 10" brands)...ExoticSkis.com has just started our Facebook page and twitter feed...We don't sell skis, we just publish information and links about the small, innovative brands out there people might consider, and hopefully test as many as we can get! We will try to post our reviews of these alternative brands on SnowHeads as we get them.

Our Motto:

"Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis"
"Support Small and Independent Ski Companies"

ExoticSkis.com is the World's largest collection of links, information and independent tests about small, obscure, unknown, little-known, unique, independent or just plain bizarre ski manufacturers from around the World. Support the creativity and ingenuity of these companies by visiting their sites and considering their products.

The "mega" ski companies such as Rossignol, Dynastar, Atomic, K2, Fischer, Volkl, Elan, Head and Nordica have captured the bulk of the skiing public's attention through media saturation and brand recognition on the slopes using millions and millions of dollars of marketing efforts and they dominate the racks at nearly any ski shop. They make some great skis, but other brands are out there...maybe built in your backyard by a crafty group of people you'd like to meet.

ExoticSkis.com tries to bring these alternatives to you.

Let it snow !

Some links to cruise on your lunchbreak:

Main Web Site:
http://www.exoticskis.com

Facebook Page with news feeds from 70 (to date) small ski companies:
http://www.facebook.com/lists/108728989286306

Twitter:
@exoticskis

Please let us know if you discover some small brands we don't have on our list...we want to keep it as current as possible, and there are excellent small ski companies out there deserving some notice!

Thanks,

Eric Edelstein
Founder- ExoticSkis.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Eric

Your post made me want to have a nostalgic look at your Preacher review from a few years ago. Doing so made me realise how much has changed and so I will fire you over some upto date web addresses, telephone numbers, company address etc.

Thanks

PS nice to see Idris Skis on your listing, sure he'll be along to say hi.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Idris - well done, m8.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy