Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

(More :-) ) Whitedot skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I updated my fleet this year with the addition of Director Carbonlites, and Ragnarok Carbonlites - to go with my Ranger 108 CLs and Redeemers (both CL and Trad) . Have had chance in the last few weeks to really give the Ragnaroks a workout so thought I'd update...

I got the Directors in 181 as I needed something a bit smaller and easier skiing for skiing with @littleh_mk2.
These are great all round skis, and have hit the spot perfectly as skis I can do a warm-up run with @littleh_mk1 - that generally involves some sort of drops!! - then ski the day messing around on the pistes, or in the pow and small bumps with my daughter. Then if I have a freeski day and just brought one pair up, they are not too bad for that either - though I would have gone for the longer 191 version if this was their main role.
Summary. Versatile, easy to ski, and fun. As expected for a fully rockered ski, they do have a limited top speed, but also work surprisingly well on the harder stuff.

Have had the Ragnaroks CLs out a couple of times now, have to say I was a little apprehensive since I have also previously owned the original Ragnaroks which were best described as "fierce"! Madeye-Smiley
First outing was a bit of a dust on crust day, but good fun. lots of moguls abounded, and the energy in the Ragnaroks certainly makes for a fun ride - though nothing like the originals - just right!
This weekend I was lucky enough to have them out in awesome powder - first day was about 30cms on a firm base, second day another 20 to 30 on top snowHead In these conditions the Ragnarok CL is a fantastic ski. Coped very well with the hard stuff underneath, coped very well with the deep pow, coped very well with chopped up stuff. Can really just go for it on these skis! Madeye-Smiley snowHead
@Markymark29 tried to convince me Ragnarok CLs are better than Redeemer CLs. I would say the answer to that is that they are different, not necessarily better or worse. That is not a bad thing since my Redeemer CLs were my favorite skis ever!
The Redeemer is like a big friend, can huck anything, great powder ski even in less than optimal conditions (cement, crust, etc), very predictable, easy to get through tight spots, saves you from all your mistakes, etc...
The Ragnarok is more of a big-mountain sports-car. (whatever one of those is - I think I just invented the next SUV...CUV... category!) Wants to be driven, and reminds you a bit when you get lazy, but if you're up for it, great fun, and confidence inspiring.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 8-02-17 19:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can stop any time, right? wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarlet wrote:

Correctly following the n + 1 rule for the number of skis needed.......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scarlet wrote:

Don't know what you mean!? wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is a lot of skis...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy