Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two pairs of skis - one bag/box - ski carriage advice needed please??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

i'm planning to take two pairs of ski's away for the first time soon - ideally in one double ski bag / sportube and only paying my tour operator one ski carriage fee.

Please, has anyone had experience of doing this?

I'm pretty sure my ski bag has never been checked in the past for weight or amount of kit inside!!

THANK YOU
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i've never been checked and have carried 2 & even 3 snowboards in one bag before. I'm pretty sure it said 1 ski bag when i've paid to carry it not by pairs of skis or snowboards Puzzled Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've managed this a couple of times now - they've never opened the bag and I'm sure if they did pleading innocence would work (although you might end up coughing up the extra fee at checkin) Some are actually per bag anyway?

aj xx
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Never had a problem and always taken two sets in one bag. I suppose there may be an argument against based on the eggs in basket theory!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for all your advice, sounds like it shouldn't be a problem snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
unless your going with flybe from southampton who scan your bag to check how many skis are in and charge £20 per flight £80 for 2 sets of skis in one bag will not use them again though
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm sure Airlines will wise upto this sooner or later..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've never had a problem - but then I generally don't bother paying ski carriage and it's never been questioned?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have been doing the same thing for some years without any problems.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I asked Ryanair and they said 2 pairs in one bag still counts as one bag - the fee is the same.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, I have taken two pairs in a 'Snow and Rock' wheeled double ski bag.

The pros you can work out. Here are the cons :-

It is a b*gger to manoever a wheeled double ski bag.

You cannot prop it up on its wheeled end, against a wall or rail - because it will fall over with the slightest knock.

Because it has wheels, you are always looking to wheel it along, but it rotates off its narrow wheel base and you end up dragging the bag along the ground like a toddler with a teddy bear. So the bag soon gets badly scuffed.

It is not as easy to sling over your shoulder as a single bag.

My bag seems well padded but it already has a cut in it - something that never happened to my old single ski bags.

A double bag does not always fit into the overhead racks on Austrian trains as well as a single bag.

Thr receptionist at one hotel I was at thought my skis were too long for their racks. She did not realise the contents were just standard skis until I folded the top of the bag down.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I once checked in a snowboard bag which weighed about 70kg and needed luggage straps to stop it from bursting. It had a lot of gear in it. They slapped a health and safety sticker on it, and off it went. No problems, no extra cash. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whereas with Jet2 last month, they weighed every piece of baggage and advised us to delcare sets of skis rather than number of ski bag - as £10 per leg per set of skis (allowing 10 kilos extra) is cheaper than £5 per leg per excess Kilo

but with tour ops and non-budget airlines I've never had a problem with putting two sets of skis in a single bag
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy