Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to buy Skiamade/Skiwelt lift pass??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm struggling with trying to purchase the free child's lift pass offers for skiwelt or skiamade - depending which offers best price. Our dates are 27/3 (1st day lift pass) - 4/4 (last day lift pass needed) for 2 adults 3 kids so kids free lift pass looks a good deal!

But these offers look like they are attatched to having to purchase accommodation from the resort website that sells the lift passes and offers accommodation-which we don't need as using booking.com

Can someone help me find how I price up/buy the lift passes with the free kids offer without having to buy accommodation from the same website.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rm1982, For the Ski Amadé pass you just rock up at the lift station with your kids (and maybe some ID to show they are yours) and then purchase your passes, the kids will then get theirs at the time of purchase for free.
I haven't looked into the Skiwelt option but it may be hotel reliant (some places are for deals, so this sin't unheard of).

There is no advantage to pre-purchasing the Amadé pass online as it is no cheaper and also runs the risk of getting lost in the post.

Hope this helps!

Ben
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Ben

Thanks for the info that's really reassuring, I'd rather buy in resort so that's even better. It's actually the skiamade that says about the accommodation that's what's confusing me when I go on skiamade website??

As we're trying to stick to a budget and book everything ourselves we would rather go somewhere that we will know we can get the free lift passes than turn up and it be full price
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rm1982, it's exactly as Ben says. We've done it a few times, just rock up and buy. We've never been asked for Jnr's ID, but have taken it along just in case.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've done it as Ben says at Ski Amade (I was staying at his very nice place at the time Smile ). I don't remember having to show ID, but then I'm getting old and my memory is fading.

I didn't realize the Ski Welt did it as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rm1982, It certainly does read a bit weird online! Like you have to stay in an apartment!
But it is just a 'suggested' option I think!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rm1982, also, ski amade kids tickets are free anyway from mid March when you buy a 6 day adult pass. Bargain. Ange Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@flangesax, so I just turn up with the kids and buy a lift pass?, I've priced up the 2 adults for 8 days which is €575 which seems a bargain. Is this definitely set in stone that they do the free passes or is there a cut off time that you have to purchased them by just panicking

I see your from ski amade do u mind if I ask a fee q's.

If staying in Flachau is this pretty central to access different ski areas?. This seems the cheapest I can find atm
Are there lidl and Aldi supermarkets in the ski amade area or is it smaller type shops. Hubby thinks we should look for catered but I worry with the kids so though sc would be better option and eat out for lunch as a family.
Are there large swimming pools etc for use on the weekend. Trying to think of things to do on weekend as there's no kindergarten for my youngest?

Much appreciated
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flachau is really handy for skiing Flachau and Wagrain. You can also bus up the road to Flachau Winkl and also Zauchensee.
Will you have a car?
In Flachau there is an M-Preis supermarket which is a 'normal' supermarket.
There is also a Pennymarkt nearby too.
Flachau is nowhere near the cheapest area within Ski Amadé but it depends what you want really.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for that.

Yes we will have our car.

The only reason I found flachau is by typing in ski amade on booking.com . Thinking of it I haven't searched by name of villages?
For 9 nights it's £530 for 6 of us in a 4* that's one of the cheapest I could find loads where coming up in various other areas for £1000-£4000 - we always get stung cos there's so many of us 😔. With so many villages I literally don't know where to start looking for accommodation and within our budget it's so hard, so suppose booking.com sort of helps us out finding what price looks good??

Truthfully all we want is a good level of accommodation, doesn't necessarily have to be close to things as we have the car and love travelling. We would like to try a few activities whilst we are there and that's about it really
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rm1982, different villages you could search for are Schladming, Wagrain, Radstadt, Altenmarkt, Eben and Zauchensee. Flachau, Wagrain and Schladming give you access to the most skiing without the need to drive (it's nice some days). Although I'm guessing you are more tied by your youngest being in kindergarten and wherever you can get them in.

I can give you some apartments by name to look out for, including one in Wagrain that offers a free pass for use of the excellent swimming pool there. No idea if they'll have availability but worth a look.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rm1982, I'm guessing that must be an apartment! That is very good value... I'd double check the location though as booking.com does love to list places that are nowhere near your initial search!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Happy to help re location
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rm1982,
There are great swimming pools / water parks there. Waterworld in Wagrain and Therme Amade in Altenmarkt are very good. One had warmer water, the other was a bit better. Can't remember which way round.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rm1982, just confirming, as others have already done, buy your pass at one of the pass booths (there are many), take the kids along with passports and off you go. We've done it for many years, a bit frustrating that my older two are now (well) over 15 but we've had so much value over the years, it's a great offer for a great area. Enjoy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy