Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton advice- ski hire, lift pass and kids lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Myself, OH and son (9) are all off to St Anton in the Easter Holidays. I wondered if anyone could help with the following

1. Me and OH require skis only, Son requires boots and skis
2. Where is cheapest place to book ski passes (or are they all same price)
3. Recommendations for kids ski lessons. He has never skied on snow before, but has been having lessons on dry slope and is now at a level where he is parallel, should be fine to try blue runs i would think.

We are staying near the wellness centre end, if this has an impact on where to recommend.

I would be very grateful of help, thanks Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@missch, Might be there myself if plenty late snow. Not booked but keeping an eye on it.....

1. Alber Sport or Jennewein (both within 100m of where you are staying) - people will come back and say its overpriced/ cartels etc blah blah, these guys are the best, and so's their kit. Theres also Intersport by the roundabout, never used them.
2. Buy passes at Galzigbahn station - buy evening before if possible to avoid queueing in ski time following morning (credit card not debit card accepted)
3. Arlberg ski school - right next to where you are staying also, next to Gampen chair lift.

Have fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski passes are same price everywhere I believe.

Can't comment on quality as we always take everything but Hervis is definitely the cheapest place to rent equipment:

http://www.hervisrent.at/en/filiale/ski/st-anton-am-arlberg/

Pretty much everywhere else is part of the cartel.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Proof of that being the case currently?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29 wrote:
Quote:

Proof of that being the case currently?

Only circumstantial but just Google prices if you're so inclined and make your own mind up . A couple we went with last month got quotes from 6 different shops and every single one except Hervis was identical pretty much to the penny.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GottaCatchEmAll, Don't most things have a RRP, like say a VW Golf....same price whichever dealer you go to in UK? You'll get a deal if you shop about? Difference is the ski shops are all on one street, they'll all have a RRP which is broadly similar but are up for a deal if you speak to them nicely, or get a Gutschein, or even better forget Google and talk to a few people, works wonders.

By the way there's a cheap ski shop in Petteneu called Sport Matt, great if you want a 1/2 hour journey there and back on the bus you may save £20€ a week....in my thinking that's 3 beers or one burger and chips.... life's too short imo, just pay the money and get great gear and service in town. Regards Hervis, go in, walk around and tell me if that's the same quality gear and service as the 2 shops I recommended above.....that's high street SportsDirect approach, cheap stuff stacked high with staff who don't know their a from their e. wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Going to the Arlberg and asking for quotes at 6 different skirentalshops.......OMG!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Regarding Hervis for rental, depends on what kind of skis you're after. Yes their basic range are very much that, but go for one of the higher packages and there are some nice piste skis in there, talk to the staff and find out what they've got. Off piste you're better off going somewhere like Jennewein
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks so far for replies.

Wondering if for ease to just order ski passes online if same price.

As for ski rental, I won't be going off piste as I'm actually pregnant so will be taking it extremely easy (bad timing- damnit). OH is an extremely good skier so will want some good skis, although he does have a pair he may decide to take.

Will check out Arlberg school.
Very handy getting tips of places we are near to, so thanks all Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jenniveen always used to be very good, but that's a long time ago.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Many hotels around the Arlberg offer skipass-service at their reception. These hotels can print the passes themselves, via an online connection. Very easy!

Jenniveen? ........You English can be so lazy... Jennewein!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DrLawn, Does Jenni Veen work at a ski shop then?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+1 for Hervis

They were by far the cheapest and even knocked a extra 10% off as we were a group of 10.
All the other hire shops wouldn't even budge €1
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Poor you going to St Anton. It's horrible wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@missch, take an extra credit card, and go to Strolz's sale in Lech.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy