Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Goldcar carhire

Poster: A snowHead
So, I've booked to pick up a car from Goldcar in Treviso. Due to an error (assumed) with their website at the time of purchase I have a car hired for 4 days for a little over €5 (If I had picked the base model it would have been €0.84).

What do you think the chances are of them honouring the booking when I arrive to collect? The closer it gets the more I want to either phone and confirm the booking which may alert them to the error and have them cancel it.

I have the booking confirmation all in hand so contractually it's a valid booking as far as I can see....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It doesn't matter how cheap the car hire face value is - they'll make the money up somehow. Probably by telling you that unless you buy their excess insurance for £100+ you'll be liable for an excess of approx £5000 for a single scratch. Or by telling you that the compulsory winter package has added another £15/day, even though its already fitted

I've no idea whether they'll honour the booking but Goldcar never come out well in articles about car hire.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beware Goldcar

Pre buy your car hire excess cover policy, bring a copy
ensure you check and take pictures of car on pickup and drop off, ensure they check and sign for the car on return
clarify their fuel policy (full to full or full to emtpy)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Legend., Goldcar are also Legends but for all the wrong reasons.

'Honour' is something that you are very unlikely to encounter
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I regularly rent from Goldcar. Beware - they'll slap on a 20 euro (min) "upgrade", even if it is full/full you will be charged 20-30 fee, the deposit if you have your own insurance is 1200-1500. It starts off cheap..... If they should charge the upgrade just demand it back. I have just been to the office and received a refund from my last 3 rentals.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I always rent from enterprise in summer and winter, rarely the cheapest but customer service and honesty is always excellent. I have a 3rd party excess protection.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Of all the international car hire companies, Goldcar have by far the worst reputation in every city I have looked for car hire in the last few years.

Their fuel policy is always full (at excessive price) to empty, with no refunds for any in the tank when you bring it back (even if you are only hiring for one day).

IMO, they haven't yet built a bargepole long enough to not touch them with.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Goldcar are crooks. Don't know how they continue to operate. Crooks crooks crooks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crooks or not, I've used Goldcar many times in Spain and never had a problem. They're cheap as chips, never been cagey about their return empty fuel policy, and the one time I've had an incident and put a dent in the car, they were absolutely fine, and I wasn't charged a penny extra.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool, all sounds good then.... Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Goldcar are absolute shockers......avoid them like the plague.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Goldcar - run away as fast as you can!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok, so pretty much 5 star ratings from everyone. Great stuff Crying or Very sad

I'm double booking with Avis I think Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Crooks or not, I've used Goldcar many times in Spain and never had a problem. They're cheap as chips, never been cagey about their return empty fuel policy, and the one time I've had an incident and put a dent in the car, they were absolutely fine, and I wasn't charged a penny extra.

This. Take a stand alone excess policy. Refuse everything they offer you. Be aware of the fuel policy. It will all be fine.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hmmmm...

So they're not as bad as above. I've already got a standalone excess policy as I rent cars a fair bit.

If it has winter tyres I'll just risk my €5.90 booking and keep my fingers crossed.

The fact they can cancel the booking one hour before pickup does worry me a little I must say!
ski holidays
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k5496473-Gold_car_rental-Bargain_Travel.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy