Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seefeld - recs for ski hire (cross-country?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading to Seefeld in a couple of weeks and need to organise hiring cross-country skis. It looks like there's quite a few options, so I'd be grateful for any recs of good places.

I find getting the right boots tricky, so any place that has good options there would be particularly welcome. (I've got my own, but they have NNN bindings, which I don't think is the norm in the Alps?)

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kirchmair are good people (next to the big Kaltschmid hotel / Kurpark), as are Modern Ski (near the nursery slopes). Not certain if they hire XC gear though. Avoid Sailer, they are very expensive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I'll take a look at their websites.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Nineveh,
Which hotel are you staying in? There is a very useful tourist board guy called Mario that calls in the bigger hotels at breakfast. He would know about XC hire as he organizes XC outings/snow shoeing etc - all things other than downhill skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went last year and had lessons and skis through https://www.xc-academy.com/en/. They are right at the start of the learning area and entrance to the cross-country trails. Excellent tuition and ski hire was reasonable. Could also leave skis in shop overnight ready for next day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They look great, thanks. Maybe I should even have a refresher lesson...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the rec for https://www.xc-academy.com/en/ I ended up signing up for their skating course and it was terrific, my only regret is that I didn't do it years ago.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy