Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dilemma - Snowhead's opinions required

Poster: A snowHead
Ok fellow Snowheads I am in a terrible dilemma: On Friday I ordered a brand new pair of Dynastar Cham 97s for delivery here in Grand Massif on Saturday for which I paid an extra tenner. Needless to say they did not arrive on time after I had waited in all day, fortunately the lifts were shut due to wind so I did not miss much. The delivery has now been re scheduled for tomorrow which looks like being one of the finest days of fresh new snow of the year.

What should I do? Stay in and wait for the new skis or go out and enjoy what could be one of the best days skiing this year

Help!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm working tomorrow. In Bradford. Toss a coin dude 😉
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Seahoob, no friends on a powder day.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Seahoob, where are you staying? If you're renting, could you leave a note asking them to deliver them to whatever immo/owner you're renting from? And no, you didn't miss much on Saturday!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
97s won't be big enough for a huge powder day so feel no guilt at getting out.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@sj1608, Up in Pres du Bois, rented from Marcellus so no contacts for local drop off Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rent. Leave a note on your door saying to call you when the delivery arrives. Make sure your phone is on loud and vibrate, and where you will definitely hear/feel it. Tell them to leave them round the back if you are out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I get stuff delivered to either the Rental Agency or the Tourist Office depending on which resort I'm in.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
97s won't be big enough for a huge powder day so feel no guilt at getting out.

Maybe not if you are as "well built" as we are wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
...but having said that, Be Nice please! the delivery and get out there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for your thoughts folks, currently decided on staying in and hoping for an early delivery slot. If no luck by mid morning you may hear a snowhead exploding from frustration.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Go to the nearest bar and find a newbie seasonaire who is not working tomorrow. Offer them 30 euros to sit in your apartment all day and a 10 euro bonus if they get your delivery.

Hire, blag, borrow a pair of ski's for tommorrow and get out in the snow.

If it happens that the 'post bunnie' you hired gets your new planks from the delivery driver, you can then take him/her out for an evening drink and cement the relationship...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ansta1 wrote:
Go to the nearest bar and find a newbie seasonaire who is not working tomorrow. Offer them 30 euros to sit in your apartment all day and a 10 euro bonus if they get your delivery.

Hire, blag, borrow a pair of ski's for tommorrow and get out in the snow.

If it happens that the 'post bunnie' you hired gets your new planks from the delivery driver, you can then take him/her out for an evening drink and cement the relationship...

Is the correct answer.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shoot the hostage
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In the middle of the night I remembered that they could be left in the ski locker room obviously. So I am leaving a note for TNT with the lock code - sorted, new snow here I come Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Seahoob, have a great day, wish we were there........
latest report
@Seahoob,
good plan
But the simple rule is this: fresh powder on the old skis is much better than tracked snow on new skis. And indeed uninspiring snow is made more interesting when you have new skis to play with. Right answer follows simply from that.
ski holidays
How did we make decisions before Snowheads Sad
snow conditions
More importantly right now....

Did @Seahoob, get the new ski's, and have a powder day.

My guess is

No
No
snow conditions
Or

1/ Bad visibility and weather so spent the day in the bar

2/ Great day so in the bar talking about it
ski holidays
Probably still in bed after a great days skiing and dreaming of all the fun he's going to have with his new skis.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy