Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ChillFactore coaching sessions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone done the "Performance coaching" sessions at ChillFactore?

I was looking to book a couple of sessions there just to keep my eye in (between MYAsH and GnarbuG bashes) and saw these coaching sessions. There's a short turn one next Monday so booked on and wondered what to expect.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did them a couple of summers ago when they had an offer on, something like £99 for 3 sessions (long, short, video analysis). For me I found them very beneficial, the largest group I was in was 4, the smallest was 2. Mixed level of abilities in the group, there were some in the long turn session that had only just completed the recreational lessons, and hadn't put in any mileage other than in those lessons, and then myself who was after some tweaks and feedback prior to a retake for one section of an instructor exam. The instructors were great, understood what I wanted out of the sessions and worked on my weaker stuff with me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Went last night. 5 of us in the session, all competent inter's of varying confidence I'd say. Definitely more coaching than instructing with an emphasis on improving what you could already do rather than deconstructing and starting from scratch. Felt like my short turns improved a lot given it was just a couple of hours indoors. The instructor, John Holgate, was very good.

Also after they'd had to close the slope last week due to snow conditions (3-4days to dig it all out and start again due to a coolant leak) the slope was in pretty good nick even for the end of the day. The snow at the bottom/top to/from the lifts is very odd though as you just sink in it but on the slope it's fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy