Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Remove heel piece - Dynafit Radical ST 2.0

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

After part of my binding failed, Dynafit have sent me a replacement base / break unit (excellent customer service, by the way). I have unmounted the broken binding, but now need to remove the heel piece from the base assembly to move it over to the new base / break piece. I have removed the forward pressure adjustment spring and plastic bushel. The heel piece now rotates completely freely, but I can not get it off the mounting post.

Can anybody give me any pointers? The internet is drawing a blank so far...

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@greybadger, Take a look at Wildsnow.com, there are various breakdowns of different Dynafit bindings. You can also ask questions and get a technical answer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been trawling through wildsnow, and there are guides for how to disassemble the top of the heel mechanism, but not how to remove it. I'll see if I can ask there though - thanks for the pointer.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderjon has kindly come to the rescue. For anyone searching in the future - you need to rotate the heel piece 180 degrees. I didn't think this was possible thanks to the brake retainer clip not fitting under the heel when trying to rotate it 180 degrees, but if you partially depress the brake it does work in one particular spot.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool

It's the same method for the Beast 16/14 heels as well.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
...or stick your finger in the hole and fish out the plastic doofer Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is after removing the plastic doofer (that's the plastic thimble bushing I was referring to).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@altis, the new breed of Dynafits are quite different to the old 'uns.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy