Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head iXRC 800 - What Length? (and other questions)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi looking for the advice/opinions of more experienced snowheads around ...

I hired Head iXRC 800s over the past weekend at the recommendation of the technician in the ski hire shop. Conditions were mixed with very little off-piste, some moguled runs with lots of powder blown onto them, and a few runs in good condition, but which became a little moguled later in the day and the occasional icy patch on steeper sections.

I asked for them in 165cm, but the technician was vey insistent that 170cm was right for me. Most recently I have hired the following skis in 165-168cm: Salomon Saloon Carver, Dynastar Omiglass (model is ? Embarassed ) and Salomon Equipe 3V - of which I most enjoyed the Salomon Equipe 3V which I felt I could throw around as much as I liked.

Overall, I enjoyed the Head iXRC 800s, but really struggled to get them to carve nicely - felt my inside leg was being a little inadequate/lazy/incompetent. Given that these are my 1st 2 days in 9 months, so may be being a little hard on myself, my questions are:

- Was 170 cm in this ski too long for me? (I am 5-10 (176cm) and 85kg)
- Is this likely to have been 'too much ski' for me? I am an 8 week skier who is confident on pretty much all pisted runs regardless of condition and starting to venture a little off-piste.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
agavin, If you managed well on the 3v which I think is a almost a race ski the ixrc 800 seems a pretty good choice for a skier with your experience. The 800 comes in 163 and 170cm out of these the 170 would certainly be the better length particularly if you were taking them off piste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy