Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short ski movie 'High Society' (2004)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
SCGB rep and recent director Mark Ogilvie has put this short movie on-line. It's called 'High Society'. Scenes of Verbier and Zermatt, very crisply edited, good soundtrack, though not credited (anyone recognise it?), lots of Brits skiing and wiping out (any featured snowHeads want to identify themselves here?), lots of reps standing around, not skiing (very bashful !) ...

... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4997158789362969327
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, as already pointed out in the SCGB forum in a link here, the soundtrack is by U2 - All Because of You. Great video. Sums up well what skiing is about.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmm. I wonder if the reproduction rights and royalties were obtained? That's a big money band with big money fees and big money lawyers . . . Cool there are no credits as there should be it it were legal. Kinda highlights issues being talked about in other threads.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And i wonder if matchstick productions might be a bit miffed, since they release a Ski film a few years ago called "high society". It was quite good to, I bought a copy after seeing it in a bar in one resort I think.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a hyperlink to the Ski Club on that Google site, but no evidence that the film was financed or officially connected to the Club.

Masque's point is pretty important. It doesn't appear to be commercial/promotional/official use, but I should think the band would want to issue rights and permissions for use of the music. It's perfectly possible that they did.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Has Mark agreed to the posting of the video on an open website, rather than a members only one?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fair question. Mark certainly hasn't given me permission. I guess anything on the Google domain is 'public domain' since there's no password access.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[b]David Goldsmith[/b It doesn't need to be for anything other than personal use, if it's on the web, rights, fees and credit are required for anything longer than 15 seconds and even that needs to be credited. A ski club member needs to give him a heads up just in case he's stepped over the line 'cos anyone who's seen or downloaded it could be in equal trouble as per last week's rulings.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interesting interview between U2's the Edge and a band whose record label got sued by U2's record company for breach of copyright: http://www.negativland.com/edge.html

Sample quote:

Quote:
we didn't get a phone call from Island saying, "Look, we're pissed. We don't like what you did. Our band has a new album coming out and you better pull this thing or we're gonna smash you." They didn't give us any chance to do anything. The first thing we heard was, ten days after the record was out, there's a 180-page lawsuit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy