Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Gervais - Getting to the Bettex Cable Car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to St Gervais in a couple of weeks. We're staying in the Centre and will be taking the cable car up to Bettex. I see that there's a bus from St Gervais. It's not that far though and wondered a) if it is walkable and b) is there a way to get there without walking along the main roads?

Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yeah, its walkable, depending one where in town you are. its probably about a 10min walk from the church if memory serves me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there a footpath or does it mean walking along the main road? We're staying near the Church.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rue du Barrage is more of a footpath - and a bit steep for motor vehicles:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/45.8902/6.7075
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Beeneyman,
TBH the best route is along the pavement over the main road bridge - it's not unpleasant at all. It is definitely walkable and it is flat. Personally I'd prefer not to do it in ski boots but you could.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're going at half term best be prepared for the queue. If you have a car it's often better to drive up to Bettex to avoid them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@olderscot,
Really? Even after they put the new car park and gondola in from St G? Last Feb HT I just drove there (from Les C), parked and had no more than a 5 minute queue.
Personally I'd not recommend driving up to Bettex - plenty of switchbacks and limited parking when you get there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jedster wrote:
@Beeneyman,
TBH the best route is along the pavement over the main road bridge - it's not unpleasant at all. It is definitely walkable and it is flat. Personally I'd prefer not to do it in ski boots but you could.

and the patisserie on the corner is awesome Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is 3 or 4 years since I was there so maybe the new Gondola has made a difference to the queues. It was pretty bad when I was there with 20 minutes queues and lots of argy bargy. It might depend on what time you go, we had to be there for the opening lifts to get up for ski school.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Beeneyman, between the village centre & the gondola there is a deep gorge, so dependand on where exactly you are in town you can walk over the new bridge or over the older bridge. As @jedster, says it is not unpleasant but if you are asking kids to do it in ski boots while carrying skis you may want to think about booking one of the ski lockers at the base of the gondola. they are 45 euros for a week & can take 5 sets of skis & 5 sets of boots, they are also heated.
The queue between 8.45-9.30 may look long but it takes no more then 10 minutes front to back, that cant be said for the lift pass queue. If I could give 1 bit of advice get your lift pass in advice online or at a minimum the afternoon before.
Hope you enjoy the village.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@olderscot,
aha! yes - they've put a BIG new gondola in - much better

@Jonny996,
sound advice. I'd definitely book a ski locker if I was going to be walking.
And buy a pass on-line if I didn't think I could get to the booth the night before
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers for the replies. We're boarders so walking isn't as much of an issue.

Thankfully we've also received our lift passes in the post! If you book the passes more than 10 days in advance then they give you one free day (buy six, only pay for five). That should help avoid some of the queues.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy