Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre Ski Hire and Lift Pass

jerv2606
jerv2606
We are off to Montgenevre in a few weeks; it's our first time so we have a few questions. Where is the best place to hire our skis fro? What is the best lift pass to get as there seems like quite a few options? Also is the Monty Express as fun as it looks Very Happy

Jerv
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Monty Express is good fun, if a bit scary if you don't normally enjoy fairground rides (like me) - there's a few steep drops on it!

We had the standard lift pass, which gives you a day in Italy, that was fine for us. It also includes a few free goes on the Monty Express; present the pass at the ticket office before you get the lift up and they'll tell you how many free goes you get.

We hired our skis at the place nearest to where we were staying (at Les Hameau des Airelles), can't remember the name, but they were fine and let me change boots without a fuss. I would just go with whoever is nearest Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I second the Monty express being good fun. You have control of a brake so can go as fast or as slow as you like. Ended up coming down in the dark, its a long ride and was extra fun in the dark!

Lift pass wise, best to get the Monte de Lune pass, which covers Montgenevre and parts of Claviere in Italy, and includes one day in the rest of the milky way. If you do go further afield, start early, as its a long slow link across at Cesana towards Sansicario and beyond. It might be cheaper to get just a very local Montgenevre pass (doesn't include Claviere), which would save you a few quid, depends how much skiing you are looking/able to do? I'd say it is worth popping over into Claviere several times, fab mountain huts selling thick hot choc and tasty pizzas. Try La Coche, Gimont or Soleil restaurants at mid mountain in Claviere. Many of the reds are on the easy side and there are a couple of fab fast cruises at the top of Claviere if you want more of a challenge.

Regarding ski hire, I think we just used snowrental online to book and selected a shop near our accommodation. Most shops look decent with modern kit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Currently in Monty. 2nd ski trip. We have the Mont De Lune pass which as others have mentioned gets you Montgenevre, Claviere and a day out at one of the other resorts which we won't end up doing as we have lessons in Monty every day.

I'd say if you are a beginner/progressing into intermediate then that pass will suffice. Lots of cruisey blues and nice reds.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Enjoying keeping an eye on these montgenevre threads, I'm staying there next week. Fridge03 I've sent you a pm wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just booked Easter weekend in Montgenevre, so interested to hear peoples reviews of ski equipment. I'm currently tied between Pavesi (Intersport) and Astier (Skiset), Pavesi is half the price (being 3 days it only works out to 40E - every penny counts though!) Laughing

@jerv2606, who did you go with in the end?

@carettam, any details of the Montgenevre only pass? Claviere is apparently closing before Easter weekend so we'll be limited to Montgenevre anyway...save a few more pennies (can you spot the theme here)!
ski holidays
 jerv2606
jerv2606
@Biblu, I've booked through www.alpinresorts.com and used the discount code 'snowball', the actual store is Sport2000 Snowboxx. I think we've paid £116.00 for two sets of skis c/w damage insurance for 7 days.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I booked with pavesi intersport a little dearer than alpine sports but they have a free ski locker.Right opposite the demo schools.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ski schools not demo schools
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy