Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski pass for Seefeld

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm off to Seefeld for 5 days in March. Arrive in resort at midday on Saturday and fly back 3pm on Wednesday. On the Saturday we'll probably just take the girls (wives) to the nursery slopes, they are both novices. So no ski passes needed, I assume. So we'll need a ski pass for Sun, Mon, Tues and hopefully half day on Weds.

Q. What's my best option for ski passes? is there a four day pass? is there a cheap pass just to ski Seefeld and not include Garmisch?

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Points card for the Geigenbuehel & Birkenlift.

I think you can buy a 4 day pass.

They are just for Seefeld. Be careful as there are options that only let you ski one hill and not the other. The Happy Ski Card lets you ski both.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks @musher, I was hoping you were on line, as the Seefeld expert Madeye-Smiley .
Are the nursery slope drags free?
so the points system card does not cover both hills?
sounds like a four day pass will be the best option.
finally Mrs gazzaredcruiser is a lady of refinement and great taste, well er apart for marrying me Shocked where is the best place for a good mountain lunch, being in mind she is a novice with only two days on skis and not a quick learner rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The points card covers all the skiiing in Seefeld (as far as I know). I'm not aware of any free lifts, but I don't know about the new noddy area at the bottom of Rosshutte, That is really for tiny kids though. You can buy a lift pass at the bottom of Rosshutte, Gschwandtkopf or in town at the ski school office opposite the bus station. In town is probably the best place to ask about options.

The real adult nursery slopes are Geigenbuehel & Birkenlift which are 2 sides of the same little hill in town. There is a T-bar on each side.

Other than that, you can ski on Rosshutte/Harmelkopf or on the Gschwandtkopf.

Rosshutte/Harmelkopf is the bigger hill with a funicular train up the easier Rosshutte side (blue run all the way down), or a nice heated 6 man chair with a bubble cover up the Harmelkopf which is reddish.

If you ski Geigenbuehel / Birkenlift then the Kracherlemoos is quite nice. It's about the last hotel past the ski school hut, a very old looking wooden building. They moved it from a more central location a while back to preserve it/allow for development or something like that.

On Rosshutte/Harmelkopf then the Ski Alm at the bottom is OK, and the Hochegg Alm halfway down the Rosshutte is nice as well with a bit more mountain charm(good for a hot choc & rum).

On Gswandtkopf the place at the bottom is OK as is Oetzihutte.

The best eating is in town which is fairly easy to get to. Where are you staying?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WOW Haermelekopf now has a 6er chair! I learnt to ski in Seefeld around 1970 and skied there throughout the 70s many times until I moved on to much bigger resorts. Happy memories....though the lift queues back then were horrendous! There was this T-bar with a ferocious pull below the Rosshuette - on the steep section I always got lifted off the ground when riding by myself. I still very fondly remember the long run down Haermelekopf with the steep moguls field at the start. Need to look up a current lift map and check out what has changed since then.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowman,
Not much by the sound of it. I think they updated the train fairly recently. There is never a big queue for the new Harmelkopf lift, but if you go up the t-bar (not very fierce these days) and over the ridge to the Rosshutte chair you can see a bit of a queue at that one.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@musher, I'm booked into Hotel Veronika. Looks like a nice place and pretty central. I have a good mate who goes to Seefeld every year, he's not a very adventurous skier but loves Seefeld for it's easy skiing, good quality hotels (he usually stays at the Eden) and great restaurants. Plus it's only 20 mins from Innsbruck. There are 4 of us going, two couples and the girls are only beginners and it looked like a nice place to learn and get the feel for an authentic Austrian town. We're only there from Sat to Wed and so i'm hoping there's enough skiing for my mate and I. we are both decent intermediates able to ski most things but prefer to cruise rather than survive the black runs!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@gazzaredcruiser,
There's only 2 black runs and my 9 year old is happy on both (but she is a club racer and won't be long before she eclipses me) wink

Seefeld is a super place, just not for advanced skiers. I love it in the summer, but it's a bit frustrating in winter.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't know the Veronika, but it does look good (as are most the 4* places in Seefeld). It's well placed for the Geigenbuehel / Birkenlift nursery slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy