Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

6 year old died in Söll yesterday. Sunday 29th Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So sad. Our thoughts are with the parents

http://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/12555960-91/sechsjährige-starb-bei-skiunfall-in-söll.csp

6 year old German girl lost control and crashed through catch fencing then collided with a snow cannon hydrant. Despite wearing a helmet she died from her head injuries.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
very sad, it amazes me the number of parents though who think there children can ski when all they can do is snowplough usually in the backseat with very little control.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very sad. Of course we don't know the circumstance. I guess most parents have been following their (or another) child watching them weaving their way down, but suddenly picking up speed. Quite often the child realises the danger and sits down to fall on purpose. Other times they carry on and despite your shouting to stop or turn they continue to gain speed. You start to panic. You have the option to try and catch them (without falling with them and potentially injuring them) or let them continue when they either fall, get to a slower spot, hit netting or something else. Usually they dust themselves off, with an occasional tear. Unfortunately it ended in tragedy for this child and her family.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very sad to hear about the death of someone so young.

The report says she was in a small group with several ski instructors so it sounds like a really unfortunate accident.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sad

@Themasterpiece, indeed - have seen mine take some horrendous (looking) crashes in early days - sounds like a genuine freak accident. Thoughts with family
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
unfortunately this not the first time snow hydrants fatalities have happen. We had one in St Anton a couple of seasons ago.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shocker. In the midst of life etc.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's really, really sad.

I went to school with a girl who died after hitting a snow cannon. It was a school trip in Heavenly. She was 15. The family still aren't over it Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I haven't heard the radio reports myself but am led to believe it may have been a school group. I know from the original link that there was a ski instructor present.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last weekend was quite deadly across Austria in general,

3 dead & others Seriously injured

http://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/12556686-91/mehrere-skifahrer-schwer-gest%C3%BCrzt-drei-tote-und-ein-schwerstverletzter.csp
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy