Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Children's Snow Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're taking our little one on her first and second (well actually 3rd and 4th but she was too small to get out of the pram the other times) ski trips, Poland in late February and Are, Sweden in late March.

We've got most bits for her, however I'm looking for some advice on boots.

Our 2.5 year old preferred these when trying them on today: http://www.johnlewis.com/geox-children's-b-gulp-amphibiox-riptape-boots/p2955301?colour=Navy/Pink

and she could probably wear them in wet weather here too.

However she also tried on these: https://www.ellis-brigham.com/products/sorel-kids-super-trooper-snow-boots/285081

She didn't seem to like them much, probably as in the shop she got way to hot...but I'm guessing they may be exactly what's needed, although its unlikely she'd get any use of them here.

The last thing I want is for her to get to cold and wet, so I'm sort of erring towards the Sorrel boots (or similar, doesn't have to be these), but she preferred the others so don't want her to be too uncomfortable.

That said she's 2...so I do get to overrule her opinion if it makes more sense to go for the heavier duty type boots!

Any advice is appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For clarity, I'm not asking whether we should choose between those pairs specifically (although happy to take advice on that front) I just meant should we go for the full on heavy duty Sorel type, or the lighter Geox sort for walking around in the snow, I'm particularly concerned about Are as I have a pretty good idea what to expect in Poland?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you have a Decathlon near you, they do great snow boots for small children. The prices are low and the quality is excellent. They grow out of them so quickly it has never made sense to me to spend a lot on snow boots for small kids. My son has had Decathlon (or Quechua the brand) boots since he was 3 (12 now) and has never complained of wet or cold feet.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You must be mad or very brave! Never overrule a 2 year old when it comes to snow boot style.

But seriously far easier if they want to wear them. We got a pair of pretty cheap ones first up from mountain warehouse. Quite thick soles and no complaints about the cold in them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RTB, am with you on the price front, Decathlon actually makes far more sense, I did actually check there, but searched for baby...tried again going a different route and they have loads of those Quechua ones which look good!

Quote:

You must be mad or very brave! Never overrule a 2 year old when it comes to snow boot style.

But seriously far easier if they want to wear them. We got a pair of pretty cheap ones first up from mountain warehouse. Quite thick soles and no complaints about the cold in them.

I have a sneaky suspicion she would have agreed to any boots...she was desperate to get back to the toy section at the time!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went with these in the end:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BI7ZLH0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

At that price, it really doesn't matter if we got it wrong Happy

Mountain Warehouse stuff is amazing for the price you pay!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
vjmehra wrote:
Went with these in the end:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BI7ZLH0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

At that price, it really doesn't matter if we got it wrong Happy

Mountain Warehouse stuff is amazing for the price you pay!

No, you cant go wrong at that price! Basically like the ones we had except ours had a zip closure and a snowflake pattern on the upper.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah I think those were the ones we were going to get...but they didn't have them in the right size so went for the plainer ones!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It won't be bad in Åre. In the village and other places you walk the snow is hard packed. So its only when they are playing outside. By late March the weather should be getting warmer.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You may also want to check Tundra Teddy 4 Boot at http://www.kidstoystop.com/best-snow-boots-for-toddlers/. It comes with different sizes and colors. Got these for my kids. My daughter's feet are warm and dry. I know they are warm because she wore them around the house, and her feet heated up. My kids have been splashing in big puddles and while my son's boots (he has two different brands) are soaked from top to bottom, my daughter's Tundra boots are dry as can be - even though she was as active in the water as he was. On top of that, they are super cute, and easy to put on and take off. I will absolutely be buying these again.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy