Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stuben to Warth/Schrocken

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be staying in Stuben at the Post (can't bring myself to use its "new" guise Apres-Post). Haven't been there since the Warth area linked in. Any views on fastest way to get over there? Bus looks favourite as even with new lift will have to take old village lift out of Stuben to reach Alp Rauz before taking the new gondola over to Zurs. Frequency of buses though will have been significantly reduced I suspect. Forecast is looking good although could be too much after the 7th!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not use the new lift? It was installed to reduce the bus traffic, though the only bus from Stuben would be the Post bus, not the free blue buses that ran between Stanton & Zurs/Lech. I doubt if the Post bus schedule has changed. Once you are in Zurs you need to ski Madloch to Lech then find your way to the new gondola link to Warth. It's well worth going over there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Warning sign on the monitor at Seekopfbahn yesterday: Beware of stones on Madloch - Zug piste. There were plenty a week ago; can only imagine what it is like now.

Bottom line: expect a few dings if you use that route to get from Zurs to Lech.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was in Lech last year just after a dump of fresh snow and enjoyed Warth.
Going to St Anton this year for the very first time and was looking forward to heading back to Lech/Sure as the piste bashers in the group love it over there.

Your message concerns me! I thought the new lift from Stuben was meant to be a viable solution! From what I understand the buses have all but disappeared....

Connection from St Anton appears to invoke three lifts to get into Stuben...And then the crossing....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You don't need to go into Stuben, if you are going from StA to Zurs. Just catch the Flexenbahn from Alpe Rauz and then either ski down from Mittelstation, or download.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NB: the Blue Bus now only runs between Zurs Trittkopfbahn and Lech. They no longer go onto Alpe Rauz.

The Post Bus still runs between StA and Lech. It however is not free. Not sure of the price this year; have not used it so far.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If as recent posts suggest, the new link to Zurs has led to long waits at the Madloch chair then I'll probably take bus Zurs to Lech to allow max time in Warth area. Thanks for info concerning restricted route of blue bus.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
take bus Zurs to Lech to allow max time in Warth area
agreed: Just back from hols in Stuben, so ski from top of Flexenbahn to Zurs then take the blue ski bus to Lech.

There's a short uphill walk to take the piste from the F'bahn, but if you're up to it drop into the bowl at the top F'bahn station and the off-piste currently has excellent snow: well skiid moguls with superb grippy north facing snow. You can either ski all the way to Zurs on this off-piste route, or just connect to the piste before a small gulley if you just want to avoid taking the walk

Alternatively take the Post-Bus all the way from Stuben to Lech - there's one at 10:10 which mates took arriving 10:30, and one about an hour earlier @ 9am. (Look on Google Maps for the bus times)

The return Post Bus was 4:38 to avoid having to rush for the 4pm Trittkopf lift - price was under 4eu so good value and no crush.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skivor wrote:
If as recent posts suggest, the new link to Zurs has led to long waits at the Madloch chair...

Not sure about that as I have not spent enough time in Zurs on this trip, but on previous trips the queue on Madlochbahn was often hideous, esp between (say) 10am and maybe 12:30pm.

What however looks almost certain is that Zurs is now a lot more crowded than before the Flexenbahn. Conversely, StA seems quieter. Maybe the Flexenbahn giveth, but it also taketh?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy