Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire, which model to choose from these 2 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Ski hire time again and this time thinking of either these 2 models mainly because they are guaranteed models. Off to Tignes in March and this year I would like
to know in advance the skis I am going to hire, instead of having skis just presented to me.

I quite fancy either the Head Isupershape Magnum SW or the Rossignol Hero Elite All Turn. From previous years, I seem to have a preference for narrow wasted, short radius piste skis.

Anybody tried either of these and what did you think?

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was in Tignes and the week before I went, the website for the Deep Snow (Skiset) shop in VC, removed the "Guaranteed" option from both those models.

I wanted to try the Brahma, but was given the Quattro, as the owner said he preferred it, if mostly staying on Piste.

After a day I changed them (I found them a little unexciting) and was left with the same choice as you....and went with the Magnums, which I loved (though the edges could have been sharper).

You should be allowed one swap (more if you're lucky), so see if you can try both.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, this is the same shop I intend to hire from. I think if you leave it too late to book your hire, then the guaranteed option disappears.

The Magnums do seem to get good reviews and maybe the Rossi's are too recent for reviews. I might take your advice and see if I can try them both.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it's the same shop, the owner definitely said we could have 1 swap during the week (my booking was done through Crystal, as they had an offer on at the time).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Old Fartbag wrote:
I was in Tignes and the week before I went, the website for the Deep Snow (Skiset) shop in VC, removed the "Guaranteed" option from both those models.

Out of interest did you get a chance to see the Intersport ski hire shop in Tignes VC & how it compared to the Deep Snow shop? What i don't like about the intersport web site is that there is no examples of ski's they hire so its pot luck when you arrive. I guess I could call but skiset web site seems much better.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andrew911 wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

Out of interest did you get a chance to see the Intersport ski hire shop in Tignes VC & how it compared to the Deep Snow shop? What i don't like about the intersport web site is that there is no examples of ski's they hire so its pot luck when you arrive. I guess I could call but skiset web site seems much better.

No, because I had taken a Crystal offer, which was with that shop.

I have used the Ski Republic shop beside it, which was very cheap (especially if using discount code)....I found them friendly and helpful, but their equipment was a bit scruffy (certainly not of the standard of the Deep Snow shop).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks OF. I'am going with Ski Total & they use Intersport. But don't like their web site - gives no clues as to what ski's they have etc. Skiset web site is much better. The Skiset website applies a discount to the ski's already which is a good.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Andrew911, don't think that just because skiset show you the exact skis you're hiring, that those are the skis you'll get. They only do that to get you to book. Once they have your money they don't care what skis you end up with. It's not uncommon that a shop wont even have those skis in stock.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin wrote:
@Andrew911, don't think that just because skiset show you the exact skis you're hiring, that those are the skis you'll get. They only do that to get you to book. Once they have your money they don't care what skis you end up with. It's not uncommon that a shop wont even have those skis in stock.

Agreed. IME it's a bit like hiring a car. A VW Golf (or similar) can be anything from Ford Focus to a Nissan Qashqai.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Imo, if it matters to you what kind of ski you're hiring, you're far better off bypassing the skiset booking system altogether and contacting the shop directly.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin wrote:
Imo, if it matters to you what kind of ski you're hiring, you're far better off bypassing the skiset booking system altogether and contacting the shop directly.

Good idea. I understand the previous comments as well. I don't know, it just gives me some (if unfounded) reassurances. OF on here said they were pretty good to deal with.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:

Probably true. But some ski's on their web site they say they guarantee that is the model you get. Maybe when you get in the shop they could always make up some poxy excuse that those ski's are not available Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last year I hired ( pre booked) from the other shop to the left of the Diva main door, I think it was a Precision Ski and the choice of ski was pathetic. My friend had booked with Deep Snow and I went with him to see what choice they had.

I have to say that the racks were loaded with lots of recent model skis and the chap that served my mate was very jovial and helpful.

As you say, they do have at least 3 guaranteed models in the premium line up so I will book one of these and at the moment, I am leaning towards the Head isupershape Magnums.

I shall take a printout of the screen and kick up a fuss if they don't stick to their promise, but I doubt very much it will come to that.

BTW, the admin on this site, because of a previous falling out with Skiset, don't even like their name mentioned and will always try to steer you away from hiring with them.

The only bad experience I have had with a Skiset shop was the one in the basement of the Hotel TerraNova in LaPlangne a few years ago and whose service was abysmal and rude.

The rest have been OK.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bernie wrote:

BTW, the admin on this site, because of a previous falling out with Skiset, don't even like their name mentioned and will always try to steer you away from hiring with them.

The only bad experience I have had with a Skiset shop was the one in the basement of the Hotel TerraNova in LaPlangne a few years ago and whose service was abysmal and rude.

The rest have been OK.
That's total bollox! You clearly don't know anything avout snowHeads. Of course I don't mind their name being mentioned - how else would I gain the opportunity to slag them off? Durr! rolling eyes
You have actually highlighted my point exactly: there is no consistency across the brand; the central booking service is only interested in parting you from your cash by any means possible and know that the fallout of any false promises will be shouldered be the shop rather than themselves. Many shops on the skiset roster are great ski shops while some are a bit shiit. It is obviously not in their interest to inform you which is which.
Deal directly with the shop to avoid the central booking service. It's better for the shops and in the end, better for us all.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bernie wrote:

As you say, they do have at least 3 guaranteed models in the premium line up so I will book one of these and at the moment, I am leaning towards the Head isupershape Magnums.

Yep that was also attractive for me. Quite fancy trying the Magnums as well. Also some good comments re intersport (from my other thread on here). Ski Total who I booked the chalet through use Intersport but must say I'am steering towards Deep Snow. From your comments & OF who has used them seem to be a decent outfit.
ski holidays
Quote:

That's total bollox! You clearly don't know anything avout snowHeads. Of course I don't mind their name being mentioned - how else would I gain the opportunity to slag them off? Durr!
You have actually highlighted my point exactly: there is no consistency across the brand; the central booking service is only interested in parting you from your cash by any means possible and know that the fallout of any false promises will be shouldered be the shop rather than themselves. Many shops on the skiset roster are great ski shops while some are a bit shiit. It is obviously not in their interest to inform you which is which.
Deal directly with the shop to avoid the central booking service. It's better for the shops and in the end, better for us all.

OK, I take your point but booking through any central booking system could be the same. Like I said in a previous post, last year I hired skis from Precision Ski which comes under the umbrella of Alpineresorts, mainly for the convenience of being right outside the hotel Diva. There was literally no choice of models and certainly none that were cleverly shown in the racks in pictures and on their website. So do we now call Alpineresorts a bad company ? In any case, reading back through the archives, it's clear that you have a bee in your bonnet about Skiset so what I posted is not total bollox.
Anyway, I have taken your advice and emailed Deep Snow direct with our requirements and see what happens.
snow report
Still no reply to my enquiry about hiring direct using their own enquiry form on their website.

Maybe they don't want to deal direct and are happier using the Skiset booking system.
snow report
bernie wrote:
Still no reply to my enquiry about hiring direct using their own enquiry form on their website.

Maybe they don't want to deal direct and are happier using the Skiset booking system.

I did get a reply from Deep Snow. Mine was just a general enquiry. But they said make my booking through skiset.
latest report
Yes, I think that's the way forward. Not a bad price either with the usual online discount, so Skiset it is !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy