Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt - January 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been back for a week now from a fantastic trip to Zermatt, 14th to 22nd Jan.

It was absolutely freezing, -26 on some lift message boards, reports of lower than -40 with windchill at the top. Consequently the snow was completely incredible, best I have ever skied on.

Zermatt is incredible, great ski area, amazing restaurants on the hill, fantastic town. Can't fault the 'resort' at all. Costs a fortune if you do whatever you want to do but that's all part of it for me (the doing what I want not spending a fortune!!)

Had brilliant food at Findlerhof, Alphitta and Chalet Etoile for lunches. After Seven and Snowboat for dinner. Every meals was good, these places just stood out.

Band at Papperla pub were incredible in the evenings and at apres. Good Music Inc. they were called.

Bloody love this place and will be back time and time again!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you get over to Cervinia Legend? We skied Cervinia from Valtournenche (for a day - we had 8 days in Aosta Valley resorts) the week before you were there - but the links over to Zermatt were closed due to wind.

We did spend a week in Zermatt a few years back and have also been on a couple of weekend trips there - fantastic skiing and fantastic resort.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did you get over to Cervinia Legend? We skied Cervinia from Valtournenche (for a day - we had 8 days in Aosta Valley resorts) the week before you were there - but the links over to Zermatt were closed due to wind.

We did spend a week in Zermatt a few years back and have also been on a couple of weekend trips there - fantastic skiing and fantastic resort.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HI, sounds amazing, just how expensive is it? Cost of a pint or bottle wine say? OR Quick lunch on the mountain? Thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're off on Saturday for the 5 th time. It is expensive , but accommodation can be reasonable for hotels compared to France and Austria. Pizza circa 25 Swiss francs, beer - large 8 Swiss francs. Choose your places carefully. No way of getting away from the very expensive lift pass though. Although for the highest list skiing in Europe and the opportunity to ski internationally it's great. Better value imo than Wengen where we currently are. We are going for the 5th time because there is nowhere like it, and although not rich I can just afford it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Twood war- Not sure high skiing will give you better snow conditions in a season which has lacked precipitation
Wengen's pistes have been better than most all season due to the extensive snow making.
Example the Lauberhorn piste is in wonderful shape.Cold weather has preserved the snow base down to resort level
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Amazing village indeed.
Been there with my younger son in 1st half of December for a weekend, stayed at Schoenegg for the views (due to the Night Manager). Loved the Matterhorn at sunrise. Dinner for 2 at the Schweizerhof was around 80 CHF including wine.
Expensive ski pass but it was sunny as opposed to Saas Fe. Same at Gornergratt. Snow was packed except the slopes with snow cannons (blue, lucky for me Very Happy )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict wrote:

Over to Cervinia twice. Winds shut the pass most of the time. I do enjoy skiing the rolling pistes over in Italy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy