Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monday arrivals, late in the season skiing, guaranteed snow??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Our plans of going skiing middle of march have had to change due to an important competition my daughter has on Sunday 26th march Sad meaning will arrive late Monday if we leave straight after (self drive)
My question is do people arrive on Mondays (usually see holidays starting on Saturday or Sunday?), we have the option of doing a package holiday with sun web or doing a diy holiday myself.
Plan is for kids to go into ski school (their not beginners), toddler to go into kindergarten and for is to do 1 day of ski school/private tuition just to familiarise ourselves with the area and ski independently the rest of the days.
Also being so late in the season where is guaranteed to have snow, I feel like all my planning has gone out the window and I'm back to square one now Sad
Areas I was previously looking at: Val cenis, flaine, avoriax)can't spell it), skiwelt area in Austria also.
Our travel dates are arriving 27th march getting home 6/7 april

Any advice please?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rm1982, still plenty of snow in most places at the end of March. Only late in season for the majot tour operators. Many resorts will be open for another 4 weeks.
Saturday or Sunday is the normal changeover, but if you book DIY you may find more flexibility if you contact the owners and ask nicely.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As @Hells Bells says snow shouldn't be a problem in normal circumstances.

For flexible arrival departure dates check out the usual accommodation sites (Booking.com, airbnb). Also check out the local tourist office some accommodation registered with them will have flexible dates.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
See if you can stay with flangesax. You'll have a great holiday with them. www.austrianadventures.com
Not associated at all, just a very happy previous holiday maker.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't got to Pila until 8th April, so plenty of snow about
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy