Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Augmented Reality and goggles - student project

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son is taking part in Sheffield Uni's engineering challenge next week. His team has just been given his brief which is to design some AR equipped eyewear for an extreme sporting activity. Since they are undergrads and the challenge is only mon-fri next week I'm guessing that the challenge organisers are not looking for a fully fledged product rather a demonstration that they understand the challenges in designing and developing a project from an engineering perspective.

So, considering that there are a few products with HUD and such like already out there can I ask the good Burghers of snowHead land whether anyone would care to share their thoughts on features that they would like to see in such eyewear. Particularly whether any current features work ok or don't work as expected? What new features would you like to see that aren't currently offered?

Any and all thoughts and ideas gratefully received. My round in the Boris' Bar as incentive Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah interesting question.
How about the racing line, sort of like what you get on vehicle backup cameras.
(This is a what, not how, being a biz analyst 😉)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was a video on that here a week ago?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Something that helps get you down the mountain in bad vis. Could be as simple as compass bearings or a 'ski this way' arrow. It'd need to reference a piste map somehow.

Sounds like a fun project.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Terrain enhancement technology for whiteouts/greyouts

Oh + death star effects as you slalom down a packed home run.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Top gun style sights that will go red when they lock on to nearest snowborder.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A pop-up identifier of each lift, with online data on queue time and opening/closing times as you look at it, would be useful even if not very cool.

+1 for anything which helps to navigate in low viz - piste marker, direction to waypoints on an itinerary.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some great ideas everyone, many thanks and keep'em coming. I like the poor vis aids and lift identifier.

@Dave of the Marmottes, @essex, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd wondered whether there was any technology that could be applied to off-piste that could track crevasses and other hazards?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy