Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LA NORMA tell me everything you know

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have to visit La Norma for a short break (to do with work) and need to gather lots of information.

Things like:

Parking
Mostly apartments or hotels
ski in/ski out
Bars and Restaurants
Evening activities
What runs are like?
Prices of food and drink
Can passes be used in other resorts
Hire shops
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My trip report from 2012 is here

Specifically:

We parked for free on the street
Mostly apartments
Ski in/ski out - short walk, no busses or driving required
Didn't go to any bars or restaurants, sorry
It's not a huge ski resort and as it's limitations but a decent week or long weekend can be had
The apartment and lift pass prices are reasonable enough so I am sure food and drink is the same
You can buy a pass that covers the 5 resorts in the area
Sorry, we weren't hiring
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were there last New Year and I have the following comeents to add (below).

I liked La Norma quite a lot- it's a very French resort, it is small and welcoming. I would go back.

Here's a funny video clip of one of the runs (it starts off a red then changes to a blue) with my eldest doing the classic racing snowplough.

http://youtube.com/v/h4a8v_xyUXQ

Parking - we were in an apartment just as you enter the village and there was lots of parking opposite. The centre of the village is car free but when you park up it's only a couple of hundred yards (max) walk.

Mostly apartments or hotels - all apartments I think - I don't recall seeing a hotel.

ski in/ski out - it isn't a big resort so everywhere is within 200 yards from the end of the pistes.

Bars and Restaurants - only a couple of bars and a few restaurants. We really liked Le Dahu Bodega. Excellent fondue!

Evening activities - not a lot. There is a bowling alley on one of the bars.

What runs are like? - good. It isn't a resort that will have expert skiers too excited, but there is a good mix of reds, blues and an excellent nursery slope.

Prices of food and drink - very reasonable by Alpine standards. It isn't an expensive resort.

Can passes be used in other resorts - we just bought a La Norma pass, but the Eskimo pass allows you to use Valfrejus, Aussois, Val Cenis & Bonneval.

Hire shops - we hired from the shop at the bottom of the piste (beside the ticket office) and had no problems with them whatsoever.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php?search_keywords=la%20norma&search_fields=all
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le Bodega bar gets my vote, just returned from La Norma, it's the only lively bar there, shows French sports, pool, table football, pinball, Excellent beers, friendly owner, full of locals. Spent far too much time there. Avoid les Balcons apartments, not only tatty but dirty too. Lots of kids activities in evenings, tobogganing looked fun for adults, good off piste, empty slopes, snow lasts well due to North facing but can be cold in shade, pistes limiting after 3 days. Le station Cosy, as they claim, a great little place
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I will be skiing there for two days 18th and 19th March. Will have a few drinks in Le Bodega Bar then!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy