Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private transfer vs Coach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

I'm after some advice and opinions please. I'm travelling to Geneva next Saturday (4th Feb) for a weeks skiing in Meribel but haven't yet sorted my transfers. My dilemma is....

Flight lands at 12:10
Altibus coach is at 13:30 and
Van rouge (private but shared transfer) is at 15:30

Would you wait for the private transfer in the airport, have a few beers and cut time on the journey and probably have a better service, or just get on the altibus coach? I would arrive in the resort about an hour earlier but I haven't been on a coach alone for years as a transfer and the last wasn't great. The cost is negligible between the two really

Thank you in advance Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Private transfer if cost is similar. No stress then if it takes a while to get your baggage or if you take off late. It's not as if it's cutting into skiing time arriving then.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Geneva airport isn't especially interesting (they don't even play the first bar and a half of How Much Is That Doggie In The Window any more) and unless you take some Swiss notes will screw you on a SF/Euro exchange rate, before giving you change in SF. Given that, and the fact you have plenty of time between landing/shared transfer I'd get through to arrivals, follow the signs to the railway station and grab some supplies in the supermarket before jumping the first bus out of town.

Unless it's a central drop-off for the shared transfer vs. to the hotel door private I'd rather be on the move than sat waiting in an airport.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mjit, If you don't want to spend Swiss Francs then just stroll to the French side of the airport and have a drink in the rather nice cafe there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Land, get through immigration, collect baggage, collect skis, take all that to the Migros supermarket, and get back to the coaches in 1h 20 on a ski season Saturday? No chance.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mjit wrote:
Geneva airport isn't especially interesting (they don't even play the first bar and a half of How Much Is That Doggie In The Window any more)

Glad it's not just me. Permanently find myself singing "..gie in the window" there!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy