Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andermatt/Bivio Experience/Knowledge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Looking at trying to get away for a day touring trip in the middle of February. I had a rather disappointing (snow wise) new year in Chamonix and can only really justify the expense of a second trip if I'm going to find some good skiing, and would prefer to step away from the pistes. I've been checking out/recommended both Bivio and Andermatt (more Realp) really as good day touring venues, and both have useable huts at that time of year to spend a bit more time higher. So... My questions are:

1. What are people's experiences of these venues in terms of day touring?
2. Will these venues have decent snow cover away from the pistes if the current weather continues?
3. Anyone got any up to date info on the off piste conditions in these areas?

Thanks very much in advance, I appreciate it's a pretty vague request!

Cheers,
Paul
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy