Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi Xelium bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum and need some help.

I recently bought a pair of Rossignol E77s with Xelium 110 bindings. These are the kind with latches in the toe and heel piece, no screws, except for DIN setting.

There is a window with a yellow bar in the heel piece, it's supposed to be a forward pressure indicator. The boots are 318mm and when I set the length of the binding on the 321 mark, the whole window is just yellow, but if I set it on the 315 mark, then the end of the yellow bar moves forward a bit, almost to the middle of the window, and I can peek through the back a little. No markings on the yellow bar. Is this right? How should I inspect the FP setting?

I'm guessing there is no other FP adjustment mechanism apart from the fore-aft latch on the side of the heel piece, since I can't find a screw or another latch.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
choboling wrote:
......There is a window with a yellow bar in the heel piece, it's supposed to be a forward pressure indicator.......

It is.

choboling wrote:
......I'm guessing there is no other FP adjustment mechanism apart from the fore-aft latch on the side of the heel piece, since I can't find a screw or another latch.

Correct

choboling wrote:
......The boots are 318mm and when I set the length of the binding on the 321 mark, the whole window is just yellow, but if I set it on the 315 mark, then the end of the yellow bar moves forward a bit, almost to the middle of the window, and I can peek through the back a little......

Ignore the boot sole length scale on the heel as it's often inaccurate.

The forward pressure is correct when, with the boot installed, the end of the yellow rod is visible in the window & the nearest it is to the middle of the window the better (ie your 315 heel setting). If there's more than one heel length setting that that puts the end of the rod in the window choose the one that puts it nearest to the middle of the window.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can install the boot when I set the length on the 309 mark, but the bar in the window goes all the way to the front, it's pretty much flush with the front of the window. I guess 315 is the nearest I can get to the middle, so it's the correct setting.

Thanks a lot spyderjon!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy