Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hands free lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
how many layers of clothes can a hands free lift pass scan through, i have a base layer with a sleeve pocket where the pass will hopefully go, then a midlayer fleece and outer shell.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@compostcorner, not really sure but I put mine in one of my jacket pockets on the left hand side, on its own and keep it zipped tight!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It should be fine, there is one way to find out! Given you don't need to touch the sensor, just be close to it I can't see it beg a problem.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski jackets all have arm pass pockets these days dont they?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or make life easy and get a pair of gloves with a pass pocket on the back of the hand. Also makes life simple when you hit the random right-hand gate.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Peter Groom, not all. I think because resorts in North America (maybe USA cos i haven't been for ages, but Canada for sure) are less likely to have RFID type passes some NA/Canadian brands e.g. Arcteryx don't see them as necessary.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Peter Groom, Definitely not all. Out of four jackets in our family I think only one has a pass pocket.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I keep my pass on its own in my left hand trouser pocket, never have any problems. I have seen taller folk with passes on sleeves or in jacket pockets struggling to be accepted......
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin, likewise, and never had any issues.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
compostcorner wrote:
how many layers of clothes can a hands free lift pass scan through, i have a base layer with a sleeve pocket where the pass will hopefully go, then a midlayer fleece and outer shell.

Not something I have stressed about. You can always discretely fish it out.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is probably the pinnacle of first world problems. It'll work fine unless your outer layers are made of metal.

I just wouldn't wear it in a base layer as I'd likely forget it when (if) I changed base layers during the week. It's bad enough when I have a pass on a lanyard rather than in my jacket pocket "Ermm..can i get a reprint?"
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
I keep my pass on its own in my left hand trouser pocket, never have any problems...

Never? Never had to look like you're trying to hump the scanner post, or look like you're doing a one-man rendition of the Monty Python 'Nudge, nudge. Wink wink. Know what I mean?' sketch?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Definitely recommend a 'dedicated pocket' rather than the pouch on the back of the glove. For many years I used to keep mine in the glove pouch (you can probably guess where I'm going with this), but last season at St. Gervais I got back to the car, took my gloves off and placed them on the roof of the car, put my skis on the roof rack, opened the tailgate and sat on the back of the car to change footwear, drove back to the chalet. As soon as got back I went to put my gloves out for drying.... gone. Despite driving back immediately and scouring roads and the car park I'd lost my gloves complete with pass. Checked with the lift lost and found the next day but nothing. Fortunately I had my receipt so after an admin fee €20-30 from memory for cancelling and replacing my card, plus €65 for some new gloves I was sorted but a very annoying and costly mistake. Ski pass definitely going in a pocket this year!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mjit, Nope Very Happy The key words being ' on its own' once I put a €20 note in with card and it took a twerk and a leg rub to get the gate open snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last year i had a current and an expired pass in my sleeve pass pocket. Not acceptable by the turnstyle until i got rid of the expired one. So now you know 😃
snow report
its not something i stress about, i got other pockets, just curious thats all
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
This is probably the pinnacle of first world problems.

Thread over.
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
This is probably the pinnacle of first world problems.

Surely there must be an App to solve this crisis?
ski holidays
dredgey wrote:
Definitely recommend a 'dedicated pocket' rather than the pouch on the back of the glove. For many years I used to keep mine in the glove pouch (you can probably guess where I'm going with this)...

On the other hand I've never lost a glove but have skied with people who's apres jacket is their ski jacket (you can probably guess where I'm going with this)...

No idea how you can come out of a nightclub in a ski resort in winter and walk 10min back to the chalet and never think .oO(Humm, it's a bit nippy out tonight)Oo.
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
No idea how you can come out of a nightclub in a ski resort in winter and walk 10min back to the chalet and never think .oO(Humm, it's a bit nippy out tonight)Oo.

Have you never heard of the Beer Coat and Beer Taxi, both very effective ways of keeping warm and getting home.
latest report
@Mjit, ever seen the state of some of the people that come out the Mooserwirt and ski down to the valley?
snow conditions
essex wrote:
Last year i had a current and an expired pass in my sleeve pass pocket. Not acceptable by the turnstyle until i got rid of the expired one. So now you know 😃

Yep, did this last trip, although strangely it was only the second lift that complained.
snow report
PowderAdict wrote:
Have you never heard of the Beer Coat and Beer Taxi, both very effective ways of keeping warm and getting home.

Heard of them but after 40 the call to go back to the chalet, have a nice cup of tea and go to bed kicks in long before the Beer Coat gets thick enough for me to not feel the cold Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy