Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les orres or Les coches

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm struggling to find much info on Les Orres as a resort suitable for a young family, reviews seem to say a lot about lack of English etc.Has anyone been to this resort or been down this far south before in march and all been ok?, I've checked historical data and to me it looks good but I'm no expert lol.

Also Les Coches seems to be more livelier and more choice in terms of skiing, restaurants etc has anybody been here and could recommend?

Xx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As I mentioned on your other thread it is 25 years since my trip to Les Orres but I will try and recall a few facts.

The original part of the resort at around 1650m is quite ugly and basic apartments. Some newer nicer looking residences have been added at 1850 or thereabouts and they look better. It will be tres francais and I doubt you will hear many English voices - I would find that a plus. I think it has a reasonable snow record but is in the sunny southern alps so there could well be some slush on the lower runs in March. Although the resort is not the most attractive the scenery is beautiful there. The main reasons I haven't yet been back are 1. there are so many places that are easier to drive to 2. lack of high end accommodation.

Hopefully someone will have been there more recently and be able to give you more info.

Les Coches - I would not recommend it for your holiday. Somewhere like Val Cenis would be far better in terms of skiing, and apres ski.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed in Montchavin which is close to Les Coche a year ago - can't comment on Les Coches as I didn't stay there, but being in the Paradiski the skiing is great. Can't see why it wouldn't be recommended from a skiing viewpoint.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@martinm, The reason I wouldn't recommend it from a skiing point of view for rm1982 is that on another thread he/she said the children are beginners..therefore I don't think they would be in the best position to access the easier runs in la plagne. They also said they are on a budget and there are many resorts with a cheaper lift pass and that are generally cheaper eg. mountain cafes than la plagne.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Coches- lively? errr no.

It's been a couple of years since I stayed there, but we arrived one evening around 10. Took us a while to park up as the parking areas were full, but the village was as silent as a graveyard. There's a couple of bars and restaurants, one of which was really good, but after nine all the French families are locked away.

Also recall the runs below Les Coches would be a challenge for the less experienced. I agree with Snowymum
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy