Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Favourite Games to Play on the Slopes?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all!

I was wondering what original and fun games people liked to played whilst skiing. I'm not talking 'spot the dropped pole' whilst on a chairlift, but actually whilst skiing.

For instance, when there's enough of us we like to play a (semi) toned down version of British bulldogs. When the pistes are clear, one skier goes a little way down the piste and tries to touch the other skiers before they reach a set finish line maybe 3 or 400m downhill. If you're caught, you join the catchers. Eventually you have 7 or 8 people trying to catch a single skier.

Good fun, if a little violent occasionally... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty soon, stuff like this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gearvr/permalink/1276800122406789/?pnref=story

http://youtube.com/v/PwzrDIF2U2o&t=3s
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ali180,

how about playing... skiing? Madeye-Smiley wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Those goggles with the game would get banned pretty quickly, I'd have thought. In the US the rebels play football (i.e., throw and catch) on the slopes, and have a tendency to kill themselves or others as they crash trying to catch. Was there and some patroller said he pulled the pass off someone doing that the week before.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Top trolling
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, probably trolling, but it did bring back memories of playing 'dominoes' with the school ski club. Much older and wiser now, but back in the day, on the bus to cairngorm we would all brag about our intent. There were two (maybe even 3? It's a long time ago) classes. The aim of the game was to fake losing control and crash into a different class as they were stood Indian file down the side of the piste. Points for every kid you knocked over domino style. You had to be good enough at faking a crash that the teacher never cottoned on and if you wiped out the teacher you got bonus points.
Stupid, potentially dangerous, immature, but aged 14 great fun.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not trolling even if it is my first post! Although not sure why asking what ski games people play is trolling.

Is this not a done thing then? I think my group of friends started playing 'games' when it got towards the end of our season and there was no off piste to speak of and we were a bit bored of cruising the same runs. Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ali180 wrote:
Although not sure why asking what ski games people play is trolling.

Because it is. rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Who can be last off the chair lift is always a classic. As is planting you like and weight in someone's boot release in a chair lift queue. As they push off to move, their boot comes out and they usually go over. If its a bug, Brightside, th4 domino effect can be great. Stink bomb in a cable car is also good.

When you take school kids for many years you see a lots of things.
Stealing reps jackets was always a sixth form classic.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boarder skittles Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"Lick a onesie" - As the title suggests. Usually easier in the lift queues, has to be witnessed, and hopefully without getting your face smashed in by irate boyfriend...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think fartbag hunting where you have to be photographed pointing conspicuously to a fartbagged quarry without the quarry getting spooked is still legit. Although has been made significantly more challenging by the rise of "fake" fartbag wearers for fancy dress and noveau revisionists like Tipsy Elves and Willy Finder.

If you really must play a game while actually skiing I'd suggest National Ski Styles - ski a lap with the French bum wiggle, The Arlberg bum clench, The Canadian Hunch, The Japanese Uberstyle
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
you should watch the film G.N.A.R. for a real ski game

from
https://vimeo.com/18809446
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
5pike, Good call - well worth another watch Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Human slalom where members of the class become slalom poles and everyone skis around everyone else.
snow report
5pike, superb.
But not for me Toofy Grin
snow report
The game we end up ultimately playing is 'Last one down is a poofter'. wink No rules required.
snow report
Aviemore at Easter a VERY long time ago - egg and spoon race on skis, using hard boiled eggs. The 'winner' actually dropped his egg which shattered on the ice but he deftly scooped up the yolk without stopping..... The lifties had a great laugh. Those were the days.
snow report
Chinese Downhill Cool
But slightly more serious, our instructor got us to take our skis off and put them in a line, he made us line up 20 paces away. It was then a sprint to the skis, clip in, and first one to the bottom of the valley was the winner. The instructor was the winner, but I did win out of the rest of our group Smile
snow conditions
Best played my beginners/early intermediates: first to fall buys the first round that night, second to fall buys the second, etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy