Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bony ankles - final installment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Since getting new Technica boots fitted at Profeet, and a successful outing on Chatam Dry Slope, I have been on week's trip to Austria where I skied every day, though somewhat slowly on account of being with family most of time.

I did find problem areas on my ankles/boots and after two days realised they weren't getting any better so visited Brundl Sports and asked if the guys could makes some adjustments.

I had the both sides of the ankles stretched out a bit more (quite a lot actually on the inside of the ankles), and went back the next day too for a shade more stretching on particularly tender part of the back of the outer ankle.

Intersport charge 24 euros to stretch a pair of boots and for that you can keep going back 'til they're absolutely right.

The foot beds Profeet did were superb and pretty much eliminated the pins and needles I used to get under the balls of my foot. In fairness profeet did not want to stretch the boots too much - "overfit" them.

Morale? It's impossible to tell if a boot really fits until you really start putting in the miles, and then don't be afriad to go and find a good fitter to help you further.

Really I think with bony ankle slike mine the only way to get them spot on is to study the foot in the shell (raised to take account of the thickenss of the liner and on any necessary footbeds) and stretch the shell then, to leave suficient clearance around all those knobbly bits. Then the liner be moulded to the foot.

I have to say I love the look of the Strolz boot and if I need another pair of ski boots I'm going to make the trip to Lech and get a pair made (and of course spend a few days skiing there too!)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roberto,

glad to hear you are sorted Smile Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quick Question. What are Dare2Be products like? Are they of good quality and get the job done. Trying to get some extra kit at budget so can afford to go on yet another Snow board trip.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roberto wrote:
...Morale? It's impossible to tell if a boot really fits until you really start putting in the miles, and then don't be afraid to go and find a good fitter to help you further....

Spot on. Last week a great boot technician at Jaqques Sport, Les 2 Alpes finally cured a pressure point problem I had with a pair of boots I bought some time back from Precision at Val d'Isere.

So the second moral is: Don't rush in to buy another pair of boots once you have a pair working properly for you.

Glad your boots are sorted now, too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy