Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My husband has bought my 5 year old skis with a view to pass them down to her brother when she's outgrown them. They arrived today and they are flat and have come with normal bindings that need screws to mount (as opposed to my skis which have a rail system). Is it smart to put these bindings on the skis for a child who will probably still fit them next year but probably not her boots? Is there a level of adjustability in them?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MouseInLux wrote:
They arrived today and they are flat and have come with normal bindings that need screws to mount

Most skis/bindings come like that that. There is a level of adjustability but not that much. Really you should ask your local ski shop, but if you have bought them mail-order then don't be surprised if your local shop are not interested or charge you full price for their advice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MouseInLux, Track-based bindings will adjust to any length sole but it sounds as if you have direct mount bindings. These frequently can accommodate a surprising range of sole length, certainly more than a year's growth. If you could put up some pics or include a link to some then that would make comment a great deal more precise since different makes vary quite a lot in terms of what they accommodate - e.g. Rossignol kids' bindings (also branded Look) can take a wide range. The thing to do is to use the current boot, take that down to the tech doing the mounting, and s/he can approximate to the sole centre line and mount the bindings at the current sole length at min adjustment, giving loads of room for growth. We have done many times with this type of binding.

Hmm just seen comment above ... my experience of techs is that they don't mind at all ... just don't drop in without warning on a busy Saturday expecting it to be done there and then. Where in the world are you?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We live in Luxembourg. My husband ordered the skis off the internet as we went to every shop that sells skis in the country and none had any skis that fit our kids or me. We got our boots from one of the shops so I'm hoping that they will be ok to put the bindings on my daughters skis for us. These are the bindings that came with the skis https://www.levelninesports.com/tecnopro-tc-45-childrens-ski-bindings
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From your link

Quote:
This means you don't have to buy new bindings when your young one outgrows the size 22 boots and moves to size 23 boots. Automatic adjustment or a tab under the toe of the binding makes this adjustment
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy